Havnt you ever wanted the background music?

Re: Havnt you ever wanted the background music?

Postby Tsuki » September 15th, 2015, 10:43 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]

This is the closest it gets, the channel has a few Simba's Pride tracks that I imagine were somehow ripped from the film itself.[/quote]

Nice Score! I enjoy background music and wouldn't mind listening to some of it from this movie. But it doesn't beat the original IMO :innocent:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Lynx » November 16th, 2015, 9:06 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]

This is the closest it gets, the channel has a few Simba's Pride tracks that I imagine were somehow ripped from the film itself.[/quote]
I still find it interesting how tricky it is to find the 2003ish release of the soundtrack, probably going to end up importing it from Europe as those are the only copies I can find it seems. :P
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » November 27th, 2015, 11:59 pm

it is ripped. a lot of what i find usually has birds chirping and stuff. i would LOVE a real music score. though i think they didnt because they put less effort in simbas pride. the songs arent nearly as grand. but yes, i have thought of this for awhile. mostly because i searched for as many songs as i could to play at work when the anniversary was upon us
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 28th, 2015, 10:38 am

It's more to do with it being the score to a DTV sequel than measuring its marketability on how much "effort" was put into it. Disney never really delivered complete scores of their big budget theatrical features (until this whole string of Legacy Collection releases came around), so their lesser features would obviously get even less out of it. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's unfortunate no promo discs were handed out by Nick Glennie-Smith way back in the day.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Carl » December 1st, 2015, 4:45 am

I would love some instrumental versions of the soundtrack, even the songs that normally have lyrics. When I searched on youtube, I found only versions with muffled audio.

Such a shame.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » December 7th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Sadly, downloading YouTube rips is all we have right now. It's a shame - the background score for SP is so good!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 8th, 2015, 2:02 am

agreed
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Shawry111 » December 11th, 2015, 8:19 am

Oh yes it is... There is however, every chance that someone could extract the music from it. Like was done above, although some people do a very poor job of it. Such a shame, I think it's because not a lot was said about the music and they didn't have such a good composer/writer(s) working on the second film. Such a shame...
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 11th, 2015, 8:31 am

[quote="Shawry111"]Such a shame, I think it's because not a lot was said about the music and they didn't have such a good composer/writer(s) working on the second film. Such a shame...[/quote]

It's not exactly that. As I said before, the lack of getting any proper full release has more to do with it being a musical score to a DTV feature, not because of the quality of the music itself. The score could have been extremely outstanding and it still would have wound up being an unreleased body of work because of what it's attached to.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 12th, 2015, 6:01 am

Yes, DTVs treat background music like TV series music...they don't care about releasing it.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride