The Betrothal Law, and the lack of it in the sequel?

The Betrothal Law, and the lack of it in the sequel?

Postby AnActualLion » April 29th, 2015, 4:48 am

Okay, so this has been bugging the absolute heck out of me. Simba and Nala were betrothed to each other in the first movie as very young cubs, possibly from birth even. But in Simba's Pride, it's never mentioned whether or not Kiara is betrothed to somebody or not. Obviously Kovu is going to be her mate but what was Simba's plan before he came into the picture? Was she betrothed to some lion in another pride, did Simba get rid of the law like he said he was going to in the first film, are they still in the process of choosing suitors? I realize that the underlying reason is most likely that the creators just didn't have time to add that little detail in but that's boring and I want to know what people think was the deal during the events of the film.
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey
Pride Points: 5

Re: The Betrothal Law, and the lack of it in the sequel?

Postby Elton John » April 29th, 2015, 5:06 am

Simba most likely got rid of the law like he said he would in the first movie.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Lauren » April 29th, 2015, 12:59 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Simba most likely got rid of the law like he said he would in the first movie.[/quote]
That's pretty much what I believe happened to that law.

"When I'm king, that'll be the first thing to go." ;)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » April 29th, 2015, 6:38 pm

I also believe Simba abolished the law, out of his love for Nala. Who I am positive that he proposed to rather than saying,
"Nala we were betrothed as cubs, so you are required to be my Queen."
I also believe if the betrothal law were in effect, it would be a moot point. Because I'm sure that by Simba's standards no lion in existence is worthy of his little girl :lol: .
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby AnActualLion » April 30th, 2015, 10:47 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"] Because I'm sure that by Simba's standards no lion in existence is worthy of his little girl :lol: .[/quote]

Haha, definitely! I have this fun little headcanon that Simba has turned away suitors because he thought they weren't good enough for his daughter, and eventually neighboring kingdoms stopped sending boys since they would already know the answer :lol:
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey

Postby Cowell_lk » May 1st, 2015, 7:08 am

I personally believe that Simba got rid of the law after the first movie because he thought it was a stupid law, but still married Nala because he loved her. And another reason i believe this is true is because it is never brought up in SP, and like u guys said im pretty sure Simba thought no lion was good enough to marry his little girl. 8-)
Cowell_lk
Nala = bae

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bacon

Postby PrincessKiara » May 1st, 2015, 10:27 am

I feel confident that Simba got rid of that law, just like he promised when he was a cub.
Nala and Simba fell in love on their own anyway, so it all worked out for them, but I believe Simba didn`t want to force Kiara to marry a lion she didn`t want, Simba would want his daughter to fall in love on her own with a lion of her own choosing. It`s true that it`s never brought up in the sequel (it would have been interesting) but I think Simba got rid of the betrothal law so that his cub and future generations could marry whomever they chose.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride