Did Kovu ever tell Kiara about Zira`s plan and his role?

Did Kovu ever tell Kiara about Zira`s plan and his role?

Postby PrincessKiara » March 22nd, 2015, 7:54 pm

Do you think Kovu ever confessed to Kiara about the plan Zira had, and the role he himself played in it initially?
Or did he just choose to not tell her?

In the movie, Kovu is quick to abandon Ziras plan and fall in love with Kiara (who firmly believes he`s a good person who would never harm her or her father) but he is also seen practicing telling Kiara the truth, he just doesn`t get the chance, as Simba interrupts and takes Kovu out for a walk of the Pridelands, at which point the ambush happens, and you know the rest. :P

I think Kovu has a good heart and a kind nature, he`s not a villain, but a pawn in Zira`s game. It`s a little messed up to think about how Kovu would have attacked Simba and tried to kill him if Kiara hadn`t showed up when she did (for the hunting lesson Kovu had promised her). Kovu never attempts to attack Simba after this.

So do you think Kovu ever came clean about this? I personally think Kiara and Simba would deserve to know the truth, but on the other hand, what really matters is that Kovu was never evil and he never acted on Ziras desires. So if he did tell Kiara, do you think it would ruin their relationship, or would Kiara be forgiving? Kovu had after all been trained and brainwashed his whole life by Zira, and the change of heart he has proves his good nature.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Did Kovu ever tell Kiara about Zira`s plan and his role?

Postby SimbasGuard » March 23rd, 2015, 5:43 am

Tough call, but I imagine that before Kovu And Kiara's wedding Kovu would of had to come clean...at least with Kiara. I believe he loves her too much to marry her under any false pretenses. However I think it is entirely possible that Kiara decided to not tell Simba And Nala, as nothing good would come of it. It is also a safe bet that the former Outsiders would not say anything about it either for the same reasons.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » April 2nd, 2015, 12:06 am

After the exiling of Kovu, Simba had already knew Zira's plan for Kovu, in which he stated to Kiara that "he [Kovu] used you to get to me." Of course, Kiara was too love-struck to believe this. At the end, Kovu probably didn't have to come clean with the full truth since Simba had already forgiven him, and accepted back into the pride. For Kiara, I don't think she cared to know because she was too love with Kovu no matter what. Certainly, she would forgive him if she found out (or he told her) because she knows he has changed and is freed from Zira.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » April 2nd, 2015, 8:23 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]After the exiling of Kovu, Simba had already knew Zira's plan for Kovu, in which he stated to Kiara that "he [Kovu] used you to get to me."[/quote]

Good point I over looked that detail.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride