Sarabi and Zira's traits

Sarabi and Zira's traits

Postby Zirafan12 » October 28th, 2014, 12:45 pm

I noticed that Sarabi and Zira both have 'scruffy fur' at their ears, red eyes and 'brownish grey fur'
Are they related in some way?

Image Image
Zirafan12

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Sarabi and Zira's traits

Postby PrincessKiara » October 28th, 2014, 9:19 pm

I`ve never really thought about the fact that Sarabi and Zira have a similar appearance.
They do share the colours of their fur and eyes, but from my point of view, that`s where their physical resemblance ends.
Zira`s features are very distinct, and quite different from Sarabis. In fact, she kind of looks like a female Scar, what with her torn ear, similar nose and the claws on her front feet seem to be constantly extended from what I can tell by some pictures.. (been a while since I saw the film).

In the early process of SP, Scar was in fact Kovus father, but this was changed due to it making Kovu and Kiara related. From that, I draw the conclusion that Sarabi and Zira can`t be related as it would also make Sarabis grandchild and Ziras son related in some way, so Disney wouldn`t allow it. Depending on Ziras and Sarabis relation, it may not make Kiara and Kovu close relatives, but still.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Sarabi and Zira's traits

Postby TheLionPrince » October 28th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Didn't you already create a thread where you asked whether Zira and Sarabi are related? My answer is no since Zira never mentions being related to Sarabi at any point during the film, and a few similar physical traits don't mean two characters hence for example Scar and Kovu. Plus, a blood relation between Sarabi and Zira would mean Simba and Kiara are related with Kovu, which the filmmakers had originally written down before it is rewritten to Kovu being an adopted heir of Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride