what do we love about TLK 2 Simbas Pride

what do we love about TLK 2 Simbas Pride

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 23rd, 2014, 11:18 pm

So my boyfriend says TLK 2 wasn't that good and it as forgettable :oh?: , we need to show him what we love about it so much? all your positive replies I read to him, I will comment my opinion when I have time.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: what do we love about TLK 2 Simbas Pride

Postby Claws » September 24th, 2014, 2:00 am

The credits, ofcourse! lol idk I think I could say the music was good!
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby SimbasGuard » September 24th, 2014, 6:02 am

I loved getting to see the characters of The Lion King again, I absolutely had to know the name and gender of Simba And Nala's cub. I also thought it was neat to see how Simba's Pride dealt with a threat from an adversarial lion pride in opposed to one evil lion and his hyena henchmen. Looking deeper it shows that no matter what your circumstances in life are, your choices are your own. It's also interesting to see how Simba And Nala handle being The King And Queen, as well as being parents. Getting a bit more mushy it shows that love is stronger than hate, because Kovu chose to let his love for Kiara guide his decisions rather that than the hatred that Zira taught him to have for Simba.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 6th, 2014, 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Queen_Nala » September 24th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Of course our Rome and Julie in there and the forbidden love but with alot better ending. Kovu <3 Kiara.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheLionPrince » September 25th, 2014, 1:39 am

I'm not sure if replying about the positive aspects of Simba's Pride will change his opinion, but I can try.

While Simba's Pride has an all too-familiar forbidden-love story inspired from Romeo & Juliet and predictable ending, you have to admit it's a pleasure seeing the classic characters again, and with interestingly new characters. Kovu is the most notable going from an innocent child brainwashed into a would-be regicidal assassin, and fighting to escape the shadows of Scar's legacy. Zira is just as insane and dangerous as Scar was in the first movie. Nuka's desire for maternal love is relatable, and his death is depressingly sad when you think about. Kiara, I would admit, isn't that strong of a character like the other official Disney Princesses like Belle or Mulan, but it's a nice character growth that she convinces her father to see the errors of his ways preparing her to be a decent queen regent.

So, when all else fails to live up to your satisfaction, give the movie some credit for the characters.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby yagodamalina » September 27th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Everything! I love everything about Simba's Pride.

First of all, I love pretty much every major character’s character development in this movie. Let’s take Simba – he seems like a bit of an anti-hero, makes some morally questionable decisions. In my personal opinion, this is great, because I’m a huge fan of complexity and moral ambiguity. Kiara’s character development is fine, too – even though she was perceived as helpless by almost everyone around her, in the end it’s her who acts with compassion and makes the most important decision. It was also interesting to see a “downward spiral” development that Zira and Nuka had (and in their case it’s very explainable by the circumstances they were in).

I also like the relationships between the characters, especially the parent-child ones: Simba and Kiara, Zira and Nuka are the ones I like the most. I especially love how Simba was preoccupied with protecting Kiara, but in the final battle, she is the one to save him. Zira and Nuka’s relationship is very dysfunctional (and I can write a lot about it), and that’s what makes it so interesting. It’s a tragic and well-written storyline that, for me, is the best part of the movie.

The plot is quite compelling, too (in my opinion). It has just enough action (something I found somewhat lacking in the first movie fandom-forgive-me-please). Although TLK2 is more character-driven than plot-driven, I guess.

The music is good, too, although I prefer different-language versions to some of the original songs.

…In short, there are a lot of things I like about Simba's Pride. Maybe some of them are not everyone’s cup of tea, but, generally, I think it’s a good movie, and it becomes better if you look deep into it.
yagodamalina

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:18 am

It was wonderful seeing the old characters from the first film again in Simba`s Pride.
I don`t feel the movie is forgettable, quite memorable in fact! The new characters are interesting and brings new dynamics and conflicts in to the TLK universe.
I personally find Kiaras reluctance to become queen very interesting when compared to how Simba view kingship as a cub.
Zira is definitly one of Disneys most memorable villains!
The songs are great, though not as good as the ones in the first film, there are several wonderful numbers such as He Lives In You, We Are One and Love Will Find A Way.
Also the animation is impressive when compared to other Disney sequels of the same peroid.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2015, 2:33 am

Since I do love Simba's Pride just as much as the original film, I can name many things I love since I like this one way more than 1.5 (which I don't like that much). I can appreciate 1.5 in some aspects since it's not awful as a film, but it's nowhere near is awesome as the other two. Anyways...

1. Watching Simba's life continue

- Since Simba is my favorite character from the entire trilogy, I guess this is a much more personal thing for me. Seeing the playful and lovable cub transform into the king with the same power Mufasa had along with having a family, it's so incredible. Besides the film centering on Kiara and her relationship with Kovu, I love how it also focuses on him trying to learn how to be the reflection of only himself as an individual instead of being the reflection of his father. Watching someone grow up is interesting since that's how life is like. I relate a lot with him since I had to deal with many issues growing up and improving on my growth as a child diagnosed with Autism (similar to how he has to deal with his PTSD). Even to this day, I'm often very emotional when it comes to various situations I face whether it deals with the present or past. Since I've gotten older, I can relate to Simba's paranoia since I deal with that quiet a lot in my life with all the frustrations I face. He's not perfect, has flaws, and he finds his resolutions in the end. He realized his mistakes and admitted that he was wrong. I admire characters like him.

2. Simba and Kiara's father-daughter relationship

- Kiara and Simba do have similarities (more when they're cubs), but she's also different from her father at the same time. When Simba was a kid, he was excited about being king and ready to rule a kingdom. On the other hand, Kiara does not have interest in becoming queen and just wants to live a normal life without all the pressures of responsibility. With the type of personality she has and the way she acts, Simba and Nala did raise her right and she knew how to think in a wise manner as she got older. To bring the two prides together, she took in the lesson Simba taught her when she was little and fixed the problem. It's a lot like how Simba took in all of Mufasa's teachings when he was little and applied it to his life when he got older. They had ups and downs, but they fixed their relationship in the end. Watching their relationship is very sweet since Simba loved her very much.

3. Kovu

- Getting to meet my second favorite character from the trilogy was awesome the first time I saw it. He's a very different character and I liked seeing him progress through the film. He knew what he was set out to do originally was wrong and decided to move forward in his life in the right path. I can relate with him when it comes to dealing with situations by myself and learning how to be more active in a group.

4. The effort and quality

- With many of the Disney direct-to-video sequels, I have seen quiet a handful of them and they are usually meh/mediocre/or really bad. Unlike those films, SP (along with Bambi II) are probably the only DTV sequels I actually like since there was a lot of time put into the story, characters, animation, continuity, and the themes and morals of the film. There's way more good than bad. To add an extra bonus, I'm so happy that many of the actors from the first film stayed for the second movie to voice the same characters (Matthew Broderick, James Earl Jones, Moira Kelly, Nathan Lane, etc.). Most of the time, the DTV sequels for other Disney films usually have different actors voicing the characters from the original films, which is something I don't like very much. The only exception is for when the original actor either died, grew too old to play the role (mainly applies with child actors), or is retired.

5. The songs and scores

- Just like the first film, I love all the songs in the second one (with the exception of Upendi since I find the song and sequence way too silly). They fit the tone of the Lion King universe and they're great. We Are One is my favorite TLK song due to it's message and how much it can be applied to life. The instrumental music is also great and I love listening to it in the background during various scenes.

6. Zira

- As being one of the few Disney female villains we get compared to male villains, she's really intimidating and she will not take crap from anyone. She's an awesome villain when it comes to her actions and motives into getting what she wants. I also appreciate that she's different from Scar and not just a cardboard copy of him.

I'm sure I have more, but those are some of the things I like about SP. :)
Last edited by Lauren on February 21st, 2015, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » January 26th, 2015, 3:06 am

I am a tough critic when it comes to certain things and when i first watched sp back in 1998 i hated it.

My criticisms of it included

-all these new lion characters that were in the movie which were "supposedly" in the continuity of the original movie but never shown, this was a problem with a lot of disney dtv movies. I still dont buy that the were in the continuity of the original movie as it was done, correct me if i am wrong a disney animation studio in france and not by many of the original animators

Most of the returning actors phoned in their performances, oddly enough kovu zira and kiara had good performances from their actors. Whoever they got to replace rowen atkinson as zazu was not a good replacement at all.

I am a nalaholic and i hated how her role in simbas pride was so small that whatever she did could have been done with another random lioness. I also think her role in the first movie was much too small but at least she was important.

The soundtrack took a nosedive in quality and the animation quality.

I also dont like nuka much.

However since traditional hand drawn animation is almost dead in favor of cgi or digital outside of a few ghibli films, or movies like ernest and Celestine i decided to give this movie a second chance after a decade and a half of pretending it didnt exist.

And i swallowed my pride and admitted i was wrong, while some parts still leave me facepalming for the most part it is a worthy sequel that makes me nostalgic for when animation was mostly drawn by hand and not computer.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Adofo » January 26th, 2015, 10:14 am

I love everything about it! To me its a good sequel! Great story, characters, pretty much everything is perfect! I think this should have gotten to the theaters! But when I was a kid, I was indifferent about it. Back then I was the kind of guy who loves the first thing in a series but hated the rest of the series.(my brother in law is still like that! Lol) but over the course of the years, this film is actually what changed my opinion about new contributions to their series! If it wasn't for this movie, I'd still be hating additions to pretty much any and everything that has a series!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride