Vitani, Kovu, and Zira's relationship

Vitani, Kovu, and Zira's relationship

Postby ScarLoyal » August 17th, 2014, 10:29 am

While it is unknown if Vitani ever saw Scar as a newborn, she seemed to be very supporting of Zira's plan to overthrow Simba. Did she have any sort of role in Zira's Pride? She certainly had a very mean-spirited
nature as a cub. She and Zira weren't really shown together from what we saw in SP. Its safe to assume she IS Zira's daughter with a rogue possibly, maybe even Scar himself. We unfortunately have no information about her parentage or her home-land, Zira was a very important figure in her life, she may or may not have took little Tani under her wing and raised her as her own.. maybe Zira was Vitani and Kovu's grandmother? They share a few similarities with each other. But they also carry many unique traits as well, such as Vitani's blue eyes and head-tuft. Kovu's dark fur and green eyes and also his strong build for an outsider who probably should've shown signs of starvation and also insanity.

Notice how Vitani's tail tuft is scruffy and unkempt, which is no surprise for being raised in a wasteland.
But Kovu shows no signs of any scruffiness or bad health. Which leads me to think that his true family lived in the Pride-lands. But Vitani seemed like a true warrior who was quite literally born in grief and raised in hate. But the twist at the end shows that even Vitani had a heart and sanity to stop the further spilling of blood and put an end to the division of the two Prides.
Vitani as an orphan with no parents is very likely because it'd explain how she would go against everything she was raised to believe in and even more for Zira to threaten to harm her own offspring.. but than again she was pretty 'coo coo' when Scar died and her exile.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Vitani, Kovu, and Zira's relationship

Postby TheLionPrince » August 18th, 2014, 12:02 am

Another speculation thread? :roll:

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Did she have any sort of role in Zira's Pride? She certainly had a very mean-spirited
nature as a cub. She and Zira weren't really shown together from what we saw in SP.[/quote]

She did scout on Kovu's progress on killing Simba, and assisted with Nuka with setting the Pride Lands on fire. Given she is an able-bodied lioness, she probably hunted for food for the pride likewise hunting prey from the Pride Lands and other territories. They were shown together when Vitani reported that Kovu failed to attack Simba on Pride Rock, and she was on her right side when the Outsiders invaded the Pride Lands towards the end.

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Its safe to assume she IS Zira's daughter with a rogue possibly, maybe even Scar himself.[/quote]

I believe Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu all share the same father so a rogue lion as their father is a high possibility. Like I said before on countless occasions, the director of Simba's Pride confirmed that Zira was rewritten during production from being Scar's mate to being "just a follower". Because of that, all of Zira's children are not Scar's children.

[quote="ScarLoyal"]We unfortunately have no information about her parentage or her home-land, Zira was a very important figure in her life, she may or may not have took little Tani under her wing and raised her as her own.. maybe Zira was Vitani and Kovu's grandmother?[/quote]

We do know Zira is Vitani's mother. She was most likely born in the Pride Lands before Zira and the Outsiders were exiled given Scar, as king, appointed her brother as heir to the throne. Zira as Kovu and Vitani's grandmother makes no sense since she calls Kovu her "son" and never mentions or it is ever shown she had a son or daughter that bore her grandchildren. Other than that, the theory can't be proven in the context of the movie nor has it been confirmed by the filmmakers.

[quote="Scar Loyal"]
Notice how Vitani's tail tuft is scruffy and unkempt, which is no surprise for being raised in a wasteland.
But Kovu shows no signs of any scruffiness or bad health. Which leads me to think that his true family lived in the Pride-lands.[/quote]

They're just character designs. How the characters look is based on the filmmakers' artistic decisions, not based on genetics or any other matter. Kovu has features of an Outsider like a black nose and extended claws in his paws so maybe his true family is the Outsiders.

[quote="Scar Loyal"]Vitani as an orphan with no parents is very likely because it'd explain how she would go against everything she was raised to believe in and even more for Zira to threaten to harm her own offspring.. but than again she was pretty 'coo coo' when Scar died and her exile.[/quote]

However, Vitani is not an orphan. She has a mother, and the movie doesn't give any indication that Zira is not her mother or Vitani was at any point an orphan.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » August 18th, 2014, 12:21 am

Vitani, Nuka, and Kovu specifically refer to Zira as "Mother." They specifically refer to Kovu as Zira's son, and the other two as Kovu's siblings. There is no possibility that Zira is their grandmother, or that Scar is their father.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2014, 12:48 am

I think Vitani is Zira's daughter. Her role in The Outsider Pride was as Zira's Right Paw. As for who Vitani's Father was. I have come up with this FAN THEORY: I had originally believed that Scar could have been Vitani's father. However when I came across the Fan Parring of Kopa And Vitani I liked it so well that the idea of Scar being Vitani's father no longer worked for me. So now my FAN THEORY goes like this. I believe that Nuka is the son of Scar And Zira. When it was apparent that Nuka would not grow into the heir Scar wanted, Scar told Zira that when when she and her hunting party returned (Sarabi's Hunting Party wasn't hunting so Scar would have had to send someone else), that they would have another son and that cub would be his heir. Zira then took a hunting party away from the Pride Lands to look for food. During that time Simba returned and overthrew Scar. Zira and her hunting party returned just in time to see Simba claim the throne. Zira pretend to accept Simba as King until she had a chance to avenge Scar, her attempt flailed and she along with the lionesses that would become The Outsiders were banished. In The Out Lands Zira wanting to honor Scar's last wish and provide him with an heir as well as still wanting a means to kill Simba and thus avenge Scar as well. found and Mated with a rouge lion. The result was Vitani. Knowing that Scar wanted a son for an heir. sent some of Outsider Lionesses to kidnap a male cub. The Outsider Lionesses found another Pride somewhere other than The Pride Lands. and stole away a newborn Kovu. (How they accomplished this and if Kovu's birth parents are alive or not. I have no Idea). So Zira raised Kovu alongside Vitani. The cubs never knowing that they are not brother and sister in terms of blood.

I admit that my theory has more than a few holes in it and it does not allow for Kopa to exist, but I like it for the most part.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride