Vitani as Sarafina's daughter?

Vitani as Sarafina's daughter?

Postby ScarLoyal » August 2nd, 2014, 8:57 am

We've all heard of the 'Scar x Nala theory' which results in Vitani right? Well this is a very RARE theory and actually really intrigues me with its originality and how likely it is!

In the Broadway, Scar saw Nala as the perfect specimen to create 'little Scar's and give him immortality.
Since Scar failed with getting Nala to be his Queen, What if he went for the next lioness in the Pride, Sarafina? This actually could be true, because Sarafina is supposedly younger than Sarabi, and so would be able to be have another cub. And I "firmly" believe that Vitani is related to Nala somehow.. so why not as half-sisters?

And Vitani has Nala's tan fur as a cub, but as she gets older it darkens to a similar beige color like Nala.
Vitani also has Nala's purple-red nose, her creamy underbelly colors, and maybe even a bit of her personality.

I'm not sure who she would inherit the 'head tuft' and 'freckles' and also the 'purple eyes' from but maybe Sarafina's mother or father inherited these traits? And perhaps Tama and Nala are sisters, allowing a mix of 'Uru's blood-line' and 'Sarafina's' to create Vitani. :D

What do you think of this theory and is it possible?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Vitani as Sarafina's daughter?

Postby TheLionPrince » August 2nd, 2014, 8:22 pm

As sweet-natured as Sarafina seems to be (in such a short sequence of screentime), it feels highly unlikely that she would produce a child, and leave the cub to Zira's care. If I'm not mistaken, the Broadway musical is not meant to be canon since they depict Rafiki as a female, and "The Madness of King Scar" was based on the deleted scene of the same content. The filmmakers deleted the scene feeling it was too creepy, and Nala's motivation for deserting the Pride Lands was rewritten to "to find help". Because the scene never happened in the film, it seems rational that Scar did not pursue any of the other lionesses.

Finally, Vitani refers to Zira as her mother numerous times in Simba's Pride thus confirming the relationship between the two. Tama is a comic strip character that was not created by in-house Disney studio employees so she does not exist in the movie universe. A sister relationship between her and Nala was never depicted in the actual comic she appeared in. In conclusion, it's an acceptable theory for fan fiction, but it contradicts the films.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride