Kiaras color scheme

Re: Kiaras color scheme

Postby Carl » August 18th, 2014, 12:36 am

No matter what anyone thinks, canon is official, and Kopa simply is not. I get quite tired of reminding people of this. Disney themselves did not write the books he was in, nor did they write the books and comics the other semi-canon characters and cubs were in. The ONLY TLK stuff that is canon is what comes from the movies and the filmmakers... sorry to burst your bubble. "Fluffy" is Kiara, not Kopa.

Not that I necessarily have anything against Kopa or any of the other semi-canons, but they are NOT OFFICIAL and NOT IN THE MOVIES.

As GeminiGemelo points out, it made sense to use a Simba-clone in wrapping up the first movie, but not so much when said clone got their own movie. Kiara couldn't look too different from Simba BECAUSE Fluffy already had looked so much like him, but at the same time, she needed to be unique, so the design became what it is. I'm glad they changed her design a bit on the one hand, because she doesn't look exactly like Simba, but sometimes I wish they had left her as a Simba clone so these deluded people wouldn't be able to use her looking different as "proof" that Fluffy is Kopa.

Disney has said that Fluffy is NOT Kopa. There's no debate about that.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:29 am

I prefer the colours Kiara was given in SP. If she`d been more orange and had ear-rims, she would have looked too much like Simba, in my opinion. She`s not meant to look like a female version of her father.
I think Kiaras design is a bit plain compared to the other lionesses of TLK (such as Sarabi and Zira) which is strange considering she`s a main character. I still find her beautiful, though!
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 3:41 pm

The SP version fits so much better Kiara's colours as a female, so I don't think the cub on TLK finale was Kiara, because clearly the pelt color is different to Kiara's in SP. Creators said the cub in TLK was Fluffy, that was maked to mark that Simba and Nala had a cub, but gender wasn't defined, they let SP creators define it.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Squeely » December 20th, 2015, 9:01 am

I've always gotten a Sarabi vibe from Kiara's darker pelt. I adore her SP color scheme and think it fits her perfectly. She would not have looked that good as a Simba clone.

And lol, now we have TLG, so the cub at the end of TLK could've been Kion. Any chance Kopa had of being canon has been nullified, even moreso than it already was.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 20th, 2015, 9:03 pm

I personally believe that Kion is Disney's response for the 'different cub at the end of TLK thng' fans kept pointing out. Besides, it makes much more sense that way, because if Kiara was born first, it explains why she doesn't look all that much younger then Kovu. On the other hand, if the cub was Kopa from 6NA, Kovu would at least have to be a teen when Kiara was born. I know the film-makers confirmed the cub is Kiara, but...

As for colors, I like her SP colors the best. It does bother me that she looks pink and orange in some scenes though. I prefer her as a pale golden princess.
If she had Fluffy's colors, it would be boring for me, because she'd be too much like Simba for my taste.
TLG is the worst for me, though. She looks... too dull, and somehow oddly pink. She looks more related to Tiifu and Zuri then she does to Simba and Kion. I feel like they tried to make her have her SP colors in a much brighter settings.
Amadi_the_Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Squeely » December 21st, 2015, 3:31 am

^In fairness to SP's animators, there are a lot of sunset scenes, and sunsets tend to turn everything pinkish.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 21st, 2015, 5:08 am

:cheezi: :bigmouth: oh ok so thats your conclusion well then LOLOLOLOL :lol: good one
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Troll Berserker » December 29th, 2015, 12:36 pm

To be honest, "fluffy" wasn't mean to be a standalone original character, so they gave him/her a reuse os Simba's cub design.
No matter how people complain, it's a good thing they did not make Kiara look liek the cub at the end of TLK. She would just be a genderbent Simba in that case.
It kinda bothers me that the cubs still appear to have more of Simba's characterisitc and none of Nala's colored paws or blue eyes. Kiara or Kion with blue eyes could be nice. xD
Attachments
208830.png
Not bad at all
208830.png (132.85 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride