VHS Zira vs DVD Zira colors???

VHS Zira vs DVD Zira colors???

Postby ScarLoyal » July 27th, 2014, 12:33 pm

I noticed that the colors of Zira in SP VHS and SP DVD are very different in comparison..

In the DVD Zira is a 'dark tan' which is her canon color scheme.

However in the VHS she is a 'REDDISH PINK' which isn't EVEN close to her original color scheme.
I only stumbled upon this because I was looking for pictures of Zira, but its very strange to me how the colors are different in comparison. Is it the VHS itself or is it a mistake?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: VHS Zira vs DVD Zira colors???

Postby juhouh » July 27th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Every color are darker in the VHS version than they were supposed to be. DVD and Blu-Ray versions actually have the original colors
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby TheLionPrince » July 27th, 2014, 10:50 pm

The colors and picture quality was digitally brighten when Simba's Pride was released on DVD in August 2004. The 1998 VHS release had more film grain which is why the colors look darker to us, and was ultimately eliminated when it received a digital transfer. This review of the 2004 DVD will probably explain it better:

[quote="DVD Dizzy"]The Lion King II is given a new digital-to-digital 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, and it looks terrific. This new video presentation offers substantial improvement over the non-anamorphic Limited Issue DVD released in the fall of 1999.

Colors are rich and accurate, and the picture remains remarkably clean. It also remains appropriately sharp, with no signs of edge enhancement, and nearly nothing in the way of unsightly grain. There is a great level of detail, and in both vibrantly bright and dark scenes, the transfer remains consistent and consistently satisfying. It may not be quite as pristine as a brand new direct-to-video film like The Three Musketeers or The Lion King 1½, but the above-average animation here is excellently rendered in this pleasing presentation.[/quote]
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MooLion » July 28th, 2014, 6:30 pm

I was so glad that the colours were toned down on the DVD. I always felt with the video the colours were way too dark (and briiight oranges) in SP in comparison to the original.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » September 5th, 2014, 5:22 am

Yes, I believed the colors in LK 1 were slightly altered at at least one point, too.
AbbeyRoad2014

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TomCat » September 13th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Queen_Nala » September 14th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Vhs is always quite better in my mind even if the picture ain't so sharp, only bad thing is that the tape don't much take much rewinding as it gets easily damaged.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride