Feeling sick... how about you?

Re: Feeling sick... how about you?

Postby Captain Cupcake » July 6th, 2014, 6:51 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Unfortunately the impact wasn't as good as it could have been, since children have trouble dealing with the main characters dying.[/quote]

The forbidden, secret love angle was also dropped so they could pull off the whole assassination plot thread too. Its omission is somewhat of a loss as there could have been lot more potential and intrigue to be found in a struggle such as that whereas the assassin plot is a lot more simpler, easier to predict, and less exciting.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Timon the great » July 6th, 2014, 7:53 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I honestly don't understand why so many people hate on this movie. It was better than 1.5.[/quote]
Welcome to my world. Literally.

But neutrally, I'm not convinced at all that more people only in the fandom alone, hate this film more so than 1 1/2. Not even by a long shot because of the overall opinions/support I've seen on this forum and out there on the rest of the Internet.

[quote]But just as I will not pretend that the storyline was perfect or that the movie had no flaws, you should also not pretend there was nothing good about this film.[/quote]
While I won't debate at all against any of your views you may have on the film, everything you wrote above is pretty much the same scenario with me concerning LK 1 1/2. As far as I know about myself on here, I've never said in any of my posts that the film is perfect either and I admit that it does have its own flaws too.

But very honestly, No film is perfect. Not even the first LK film. TLK 1 does have its own flaws as well. It's not perfect either because it wasn't made by perfect beings.

And it bothers me too when people also like to pretend that there is nothing truly good to see from LK 1.5 because of the scenes that "made a mockery" or joke out of the original, because I've seen the film lots of times already to know that that's not what it's all about as I have already stated in that film's sub-forum (with reasons in some of the topics, repeatedly already).

[quote="MooLion"]^ There was a second Goofy Movie? :-o Not that I thought much of the first, but I did not know that.[/quote]
Lol; yeah and it's old too. It's called "An Extremely Goofy Movie". It came out on video over a decade ago. And to be honest, I thought it was just about as good and funny as the first. Maybe even a little more if I remember correctly because it's been a long time since I've seen it again.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 6th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Why can't Disney make a great sequel! The Lion King was such a hit and they put so little effort into both the sequels in comparison to the first. Quite a shame
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Ravvij » July 6th, 2014, 8:38 pm

[quote="KovuLives5299"]Why can't Disney make a great sequel! The Lion King was such a hit and they put so little effort into both the sequels in comparison to the first. Quite a shame[/quote]
The difference with the first one is that they didn't expect it to be a hit. They honestly though Pocahontas was going to be the big thing. So all their top artists wanted to get onto Pocahontas and it left a crack team of novices and interns to work on Lion King. They couldn't duplicate their success because it wasn't as much of a unique experience for the artists that worked on TLK2.
There are a lot of little things that make a movie good. Most of the sequels from the 90's were the same cut-and-paste formula over and over again. Nothing about the creation of TLK2 was as inspired or as loved my it's creators as it was with the first. I guess you'd call it the "Spirit" of the piece (of art). If you look at the greatest pieces of art and music, they're so good because it's creator loved it and put his all into making it.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 6th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[quote="Ravvij"] Nothing about the creation of TLK2 was as inspired or as loved my it's creators as it was with the first. I guess you'd call it the "Spirit" of the piece (of art). If you look at the greatest pieces of art and music, they're so good because it's creator loved it and put his all into making it.[/quote]
Yes, thats actually the problem with many sequels when you get down to it. I wish they had followed the Romeo and Juliet narrative more closely instead of following the, like you said, disney copy-paste plot. There was actually barely any tragedy at all and considering that SP was also based off of a Shakespeare play, it really shows the shortcomings of the film.
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby MooLion » July 7th, 2014, 1:33 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]It was intentionally loosely based on Romeo & Juliet, in the same way that the first movie was based on Hamlet. Choosing R&J was logical as far as sticking to the Shakespearian theme, as those are some of Shakespeare's most famous plays.[/quote]

Indeed. So what is TLK 3/1.5 's closest Shakespearean play? Anyone? ;)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ravvij » July 7th, 2014, 2:55 pm

[quote="MooLion"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]It was intentionally loosely based on Romeo & Juliet, in the same way that the first movie was based on Hamlet. Choosing R&J was logical as far as sticking to the Shakespearian theme, as those are some of Shakespeare's most famous plays.[/quote]

Indeed. So what is TLK 3/1.5 's closest Shakespearean play? Anyone? ;)[/quote]
I don't think there was an inspiration for that movie besides comedy.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Haraka » July 7th, 2014, 4:40 pm

[quote="KovuLives5299"]
Yes, thats actually the problem with many sequels when you get down to it. I wish they had followed the Romeo and Juliet narrative more closely instead of following the, like you said, disney copy-paste plot. There was actually barely any tragedy at all and considering that SP was also based off of a Shakespeare play, it really shows the shortcomings of the film.[/quote]

True , as i said earlier this film lacked the emotion that a good tragedy bring to the table. It doesn't really need Everyone dying in each other's arms but we needed at least one major event that we could relate to , an event that would have make us express feelings

[quote] I don't think there was an inspiration for that movie besides comedy.[/quote]

Well as julie said it was based on Romeo & Juliet (yep , for real)
Haraka

Pride Points: 10

Postby Ravvij » July 7th, 2014, 4:57 pm

[quote="Haraka"][quote="KovuLives5299"]
Yes, thats actually the problem with many sequels when you get down to it. I wish they had followed the Romeo and Juliet narrative more closely instead of following the, like you said, disney copy-paste plot. There was actually barely any tragedy at all and considering that SP was also based off of a Shakespeare play, it really shows the shortcomings of the film.[/quote]

True , as i said earlier this film lacked the emotion that a good tragedy bring to the table. It doesn't really need Everyone dying in each other's arms but we needed at least one major event that we could relate to , an event that would have make us express feelings

[quote] I don't think there was an inspiration for that movie besides comedy.[/quote]

Well as julie said it was based on Romeo & Juliet (yep , for real)[/quote]
I was talking about TLK3 (TLK 1, 1/2)
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Timon8 » July 7th, 2014, 5:05 pm

I actually like some of the Disney sequels.

I really love the TLK sequels, I like The Hunchback of Notre Dame II, I like Pocahontas 2, I like both Little Mermaid sequels, I like Jungle Book 2, I like Kronk's New Groove, Lilo and Stitch 2, Stitch the Movie, Peter Pan 2, Brother Bear 2 and Mulan II.

Am I crazy? Yes. Do I have a good taste? Heck no.

I just think they're enjoyable.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride