Feeling sick... how about you?

Re: Feeling sick... how about you?

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 20th, 2014, 3:39 am

In Upendi is flipping horrible though, thats just my own opinion. :/
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Biomac » August 20th, 2014, 5:44 am

Well I agree it's not the best song but it wasn't that horrible to me. I mean why do people hate it so much?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Carl » August 20th, 2014, 6:03 am

^ I wanna know that as well. :/
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Biomac » August 20th, 2014, 6:11 am

Well I guess that haters gotta hate :lol: !

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Biomac

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 20th, 2014, 6:21 am

I just don't like Rafki singing. For me it was cringe worthy, but like I said thats just my opinion :innocent:
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon the great » August 20th, 2014, 7:00 am

[quote="it means no worries"]SP had a much lower budget to be fair to them[/quote]
With all Disney sequels, at least those that are released straight to video, the budget is always going to be lower because the creators obviously don't have as great of expectations on it as the ones on its original does. So no one can expect that their over all quality is going to be just as good or better than the original and follow everything that was layed out from it. That's why in some ways, I've learned that it's better to see these films as their own.

But quite interestingly though, what many people don't know or realize about 1 1/2 is that at one point in this film's production, it was actually planned to be released in theaters.

And this would easily explain why the production quality of it is better than SP, as I wrote in this post with the sources. I don't know if the budget was actually higher than SP. But if that much work was put into the quality of the production of 1 1/2, then it could have been.

And about the Upendi song from this sub-forum film: I honestly find that this is the LK song that's the most "disconnected" from the theme of all three films.

Asides from the heart backgrounds in the song sequence, I really don't think Rafiki is made out to be a singing or musical character, since he's the one of the film franchise that gives out the wisdom and advice to the central protagonists directly in conversation, just as the first and third LK films show.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Biomac » August 20th, 2014, 4:13 pm

S1mb4 D4 L10n: I understand what you mean, but my point is that it's not because someone hates something, that he/she has to lead others to hate it too. That's just not okay.

Timon the great: we all know that you're the biggest TLK 1 1/2 ever :P . And why do you find Upendi disconnected from the film?

Biomac

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 20th, 2014, 4:28 pm

[quote="Biomac"]S1mb4 D4 L10n: I understand what you mean, but my point is that it's not because someone hates something, that he/she has to lead others to hate it too. That's just not okay.[/quote]

Thats why I said its just my opinion :P

The reason I pointed it out that its just my opinion is specifically so that people didn't think that I was saying that its an objectively bad song, but simply my own preference of music. Besides, this thread is simply opinions and thoughts about SP. So I don't want people to come off thinking that I want everyone to share my same opinion, I don't. I love diversity of thought, If you love the song tell me why you love it. I wanna see your perspective, is that not one of the points of an online forum?
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Postby Biomac » August 21st, 2014, 12:45 am

I know :P ! In fact, my answer was rather directed toward the author of this thread.

Biomac

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:45 am

When I first watched Simba`s Pride back in 1998, I didn`t like it much. I loved Kovus character instantly, though, and it took a few viewings for the film as a whole to grow on me. I was 12 at the time..

I can understand the dislike for SP, I personally really enjoy it. Compared to other Disney sequels this stands high above the rest. (Mulan 2 and Bambi II are good, though).

I think everyone had sky high expecations to this film as it builds on such an amazing and epic movie, we were kind of bound to be disappointed as it`s impossible to top TLK, though I don`t blame anyone for thinking they didn`t try hard enough.

For me, TLK 3 made me feel sick, I watched it once and am trying to forget it even exists.

In regards to Upendi, I am one of the people who can`t stand it. I enjoy SP, but I skip this song every time when watching it. I just don`t understand what they were going for.. some pale imitation of I just Can`t Wait To Be King, or what? Rafiki singing (this cheesy song) just feels weird, and the whole scene is just so awkward and bizarre. I really don`t like it, and don`t care for the song itself either.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride