Feeling sick... how about you?

Re: Feeling sick... how about you?

Postby ex-pridelander » July 14th, 2014, 5:53 pm

What an unusual thread title.

This movie, and to be honest its music really are under-appreciated.
ex-pridelander
against a blood red sky

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Haraka » July 14th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Well i do agre on that ! apart from upendi which is utterly bad (IMO), the songs are quite nice (well ok , "he lives in you" and "my lullaby" are not just good , they are awesome! :D)
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Timon8 » July 17th, 2014, 10:19 am

I agree, the songs in TLK2 are fantastic (apart from In Upendi)! None can beat the original songs, but I think My Lullaby is almost as good as Be Prepared! Just a great movie :)
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Katelyn23 » July 18th, 2014, 4:31 am

[quote="ex-pridelander"]
This movie, and to be honest its music really are under-appreciated.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

The first time I saw Simba's Pride was when I was 12. I went into it with lower expectations, thinking it wouldn't even come close to the greatness of the original, (especially because I had seen TLK 1&1/2 beforehand) and also my brother told me it sucked. (Turns out he hadn't even seen it yet either.) However I ended up really enjoying it. It features most of the original cast, which doesn't happen a lot with Disney sequels. Not only were all the characters we loved from before back, but the movie also introduces new lovable characters who each have their own stories and originality. (Zira is a wonderful villain, one of Disney's best.) I loved that Disney went with a Romeo & Juliet story for this movie, and although as others pointed out that there is no tragedy, (though I do get a little emotional when Nuka dies) the theme that love and acceptance will prevail is evident in the film. In regards to the voice acting, I thought the cast did a great job. Suzanne Pleshette, Andy Dick and Jason Marsden's performances were outstanding, and fit their characters so well.

I have always loved Simba's Pride's soundtrack. "He Lives In You" is a great opening for this film and almost has the same feel as "Circle Of Life." Not to mention the lyrics are just awesome! "One Of Us" which is my favourite song from the film, is incredibly catchy. "My Lullaby" is such an underrated villain song. (IMO) Not much needs to be said about "We Are One." The only song I have never grown a liking to is "Love Will Find A Way." I don't know what it is, but there is something about that song that annoys me.

I'm not saying this movie is perfect, it does have it's flaws. Overall though, I just feel the massive hate this film receives is undeserved.

On a separate note, my family thinks this movie is better than the original. I tell them "no.. just no." :lol:

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » July 22nd, 2014, 6:49 pm

Well, it's definitely not the original, but that's pretty much expected of a DTV.
AbbeyRoad2014

Pride Points: 1

Postby it means no worries » August 10th, 2014, 6:28 am

SP had a much lower budget to be fair to them
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby FlipMode » August 10th, 2014, 11:47 am

Of course TLK2 is predictable, so is the first one... They are based on Shakespeare plays.
I actually really like TLK2, I wouldn't say it is better than the first one but honestly I do prefer it, the first one is only better in soundtrack, I found TLK2 to be more entertaining a film though.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Loomi » August 13th, 2014, 8:12 pm

[quote="Timon8"]Am I crazy? Yes. Do I have a good taste? Heck no.

I just think they're enjoyable.[/quote]

So true! I feel the same. I like the Disney sequels, yes a lot of them are half hearted but I'm very laid back and mostly I enjoy all movies just because they are movies, they whisk me off into another world for 90 minutes or so ha ha.

I have a real soft spot for TLK2, it's flawed in many ways this is very true but overall as far as movies go I found it enjoyable and I would happily watch it over and over even today. In fact when I was younger and first got it on VHS I did watch it over and over! Even my family knew all the words before long :lol:

I think the music of this film is wonderful, not on par with TLK1 but still wonderful in it's own right. 'One of Us' is my favourite of all, it gave me chills! Is that lame?! Ha ha.
Image Image Image
Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect
all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
characters belong to me <3
Loomi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tends to fall over

Pride Points: 5

Postby Shadowfax » August 14th, 2014, 9:38 pm

I am not a fan of Simbas pride at all. When I was a kid I enjoyed it, but re-watching it three years ago I was really disappointed and questioned why on earth I liked to when I was younger xD

The only things I like about the film; is the soundtrack (I am actually listening to 'love will find a way' right now) and Zira and Vitani as characters, but probably because they were new characters. The art really was awful, all the original characters seemed to have had a major personality change especially Simba OMG. And the story was so WEAK and did not tie up with the ending of TLK at all. Where the heck was Zira during Scar's reign in TLK? :\ SOMUCHPLOTHOLES.

But each to their own, personally it wasn't my cup of tea, but I am more of a classic disney person anyway.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Biomac » August 20th, 2014, 3:38 am

While reading I saw several members talking about rip-off. But I was wondering: how can a company rip-off a movie they already own the rights of :/ ? I'm no expert, but still this was bugging me...

Anyway to answer the topic, I agree Kiara was a bit annoying, and that SP wasn't as good as TLK, but hey why blame it considering the limitations (such as money) the movie directors had to deal with ;) . Not to mention it is in my opinion one the best Disney sequel ever made. I mean it has great songs like We Are One, One Of Us or Love Will Find A Way. Do you agree 8-) ?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride