who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Postby onsipin » May 17th, 2014, 11:45 am

who would have won if the battle went on, but with Zira and Simba sitting it out?
The outlanders devoted their lives to taking revenge so I believe they prepared themselves for battle for a long time, but the pridelanders are very healthy and strong plus they did experience hardship under scar for some years so I dont think they are lazy or not used to fighting so I think I would give it to the pridelanders.
What do the rest of you think?
onsipin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: who would have won: pridelanders vs outlanders

Postby TheLionPrince » May 18th, 2014, 11:21 pm

I believe the battle would have ended in a stalemate. For every Outsider that was fueled by revenge and hatred, there's a Pridelander that has an abundant built to fight back. One possible battle strategy would be for the Pridelanders to push back the Outsiders towards the cliff where they could fall off from or flat out, kill each other. Other than that, victory for either side appeared to be nowhere in sight by the time Kiara and Kovu showed up.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 19th, 2014, 2:53 am

(Just quick it's Outsiders, not Outlanders. Sorry, not trying to be rude).
I'm not sure. Maybe the Outsiders? They've trained to fight Simba. (Zira's line "Remember your training, as a unit" proves this) The Pride Landers probably weren't prepared\trained for an attack. They could take down hyenas in the first film, but other lions may be hard. But, the Outsiders compared to the Pride Landers are most likely malnourished and thus less strong.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby juhouh » May 24th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Outsiders might have been more trained to fight but I doubt they had won. They were starving and weak. Much thinner
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby DragonFromNewYork » May 29th, 2014, 8:25 pm

I'm not very sure who would have won. There were times when each side seemed to be gaining the upper hand. In the beginning, the Pridelanders relied on brute strength and seemed to be overpowering the Outsiders, but towards the scene where Kiara and Kovu interfere, the Outsiders were beginning to prove that they ran on anger and years of training, as seen with the varying scenes of Outsiders striking and successfully reaching the Pridelander's weak spots.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessTalli » June 23rd, 2014, 2:13 am

Hard to say, honestly.

Your mind tends to jump to the Pridelanders, being they're bigger, stronger, and not malnourished like the Outsiders were. But then, the Outsiders had trained specifically for this, and had probably worked out ways to even the playing field. Plus, being the Outsiders are smaller, they'd probably have an easier time dodging blows, whereas the bulkier Pridelanders would have a slight disadvantage there.
PrincessTalli

Nickname(s): Talli, Steph
Pride Points: 1

Postby Haraka » June 23rd, 2014, 8:43 am

I do believe that the outsider would have won , given what is shown

See , even if they are malnourished as PrincessTali point out , they have absolutely nothing to lose , they trained probably each day in order to be able to compete. They seems strong enough to fight a pridelander one on one ,but even so "they act as a unit". In the clip , at 0.53 or so a pridelander is litteraly going to be teared apart by 3 outsiders. Even if they are strong , well built and proud , one can't fight off three revenge angry Lionesses ganking up on her.

Plus zira's strenght is proved hard time. When she finally stop coaching and get down to buisness , she just walks to simba who is struggling with numerous lionesses and swipe him off his feets in a single blow. She was probably the most trained and efficient killer the pride landers were to confront. The only Lion who ever knocked down Simba like that was scar , and he had a very hard time doing it.

Furthermore , their main strenght being the way they act together is proved to be a strong factor. in the ambush scene , vitani jumps on simba's back and bite his neck , three unnamed lionesses attack , from each side and after kovu get knocked off nuka charge them all to make them fall down the cliff. So It took 4 lionesses to stop simba from putting up a good fight. Also worth the mention , vitani knocked kovu , a well build and muscular male lion , unconscious in a single swipe from her back legs. If this isn't a proof that they are as strong as a pridelander....

Finally they lose no time , in the clip shown above , at 0:44 in the background , a pridelander pin down an outsider who seems defeated. The lioness take a second to roar and in an instant the outsider "wake up" and slaps hard the one we though was winning hands up.

All of theses factors are what would have played in the advantage of the outsiders in my opinion.
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Carl » August 19th, 2014, 6:04 am

I remember a long time ago Regulus made a post about the battle, reduced it to math, and came to some conclusion. I'll have to dig around in the archives now and see if I can find it.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » August 21st, 2014, 6:00 am

So many people make a big deal about Zira knocking Simba down, Simba was looking in another direction, and off balance when Zira knocked him down.

As for the ambush scene, Simba shook off two Lionesses that were immediately replaced, Vitani was on his back, and another Lioness grabbed a hold of his body. so it effectively took four lionesses to keep Simba from fighting back long enough for Nuka to come in and knock the group off the cliff. If Nuka had not done that Simba may have been able to break free. Simba managed to throw six Lionesses off him while Zira was moving in to confront him in the final battle and that was after he had been injured from the ambush.

When Vitani managed to knock Kovu out (an impressive feat by any standard) he was looking at the Lioness he was squaring off with and was on his hind legs. Vitani caught Kovu by surprise and off balance.

I think The Pridelanders would have won, they had the motivation of defending their home and ultimately would have had better stamina due to being a well fed Pride.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on December 12th, 2014, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby The Spirit of Life » August 21st, 2014, 8:24 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]So many people make a big deal about Zira knocking Simba down, Simba was looking in another direction, and off balance when Zira knocked him down.

As for the ambush scene, Simba shook off two Lionesses that were immediately replaced, Vitani was on his back, and another Lioness grabbed a hold of his body. so it effectively took four lionesses to keep Simba from fighting back long enough for Nuka to come in and knock the group off the cliff. If Nuka had not done that Simba may have been able to break free. Simba managed to throw six Lionesses off him while Zira was moving in to confront him in the final battle and that was after he had been injured from the ambush.

When Vitani managed to knock Kovu out (an impressive feat by any standard) he was looking at the Lioness he was squaring off with and was on his hind legs. Vitani caught Kovu by surprise and off balance.

I think The Pridelanders would have one, they had the motivation of defending their home and ultimately would have had better stamina due to being a well fed Pride.[/quote]

So much this. Simba was by far the strongest combatant, and I have no doubt that he would have ruined Zira in a one-on-one fight. The time where she knocked Simba over, he had just thrown numerous outsiders off of him, and as you said, was distracted, off balance, and didn't see Zira coming. Had he had time to set up and react to her advance, I'm pretty sure she would've been the one lying on the ground. Even Kovu, who some people consider to be stronger than Simba, was knocked out so easily by Vitani, wheras 5+ outsiders (including Vitani) still couldn't bring Simba down during the ambush. There's a reason why Zira trained the outsiders to attack Simba "as a unit" and not attempt to deal with him individually, and it must be because they knew how powerful he was.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride