What if Zira was banished earlier than we thought?

What if Zira was banished earlier than we thought?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 16th, 2014, 2:54 pm

In the coronation, we aren't given a view of the Outsiders until when Kiara is a cub. But what if Zira's banishment happened during before that? The outsiders could have been elsewhere in Pride-rock.. or even Scar's cave. :-o
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: What if Zira was banished earlier than we thought?

Postby Ninaroja » May 16th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "What if Zira was banished later than we thought"?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheLionPrince » May 17th, 2014, 12:10 am

There was a deleted scene where Nuka and Vitani report to Zira about Kiara's coronation. And yes, they were in the Outlands by then.

I contacted Simba's Pride director Darrell Rooney on Facebook back in January 2014 to discuss some deleted concepts and material, and here's what he said:

Rooney_questions.png
Rooney_questions.png (49.03 KiB) Viewed 1865 times

This scene still fits within the finalized version of the movie, though going back by the movie itself, Zira and the Outsiders still refuses to recognize Simba's legitimacy to the throne, and remain allies of Scar. If they would not respect Simba as the rightful king, much less would they respect his daughter Kiara's claim to the throne. Much like the hyenas, they had nothing to contribute to preserving the Circle of Life so there was no need for them in his kingdom (or so Simba thought).
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 17th, 2014, 5:49 am

Hmm, that's pretty interesting.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride