Could Kovu be Zira's nephew?

Could Kovu be Zira's nephew?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 12th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Just an idea, could the reason Kovu looks more 'healthy' and 'good spirited' because he isn't really Zira's son, he's her nephew? :-o I've noticed that Nuka and Vitani had a 'fire' that could only be inherited from Scar and Zira.. :evil: Kovu also was never evil as his family.. ;) if he DID have a 'darkness' then it was very 'tiny' compared to Scar. It'd be very likely that Zira 'insane' as she was, killed her sister and stole her son.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Could Kovu be Zira's nephew?

Postby TheLionPrince » May 12th, 2014, 11:07 pm

There's nothing in the film that indicates Zira killed her sister and stole Kovu, and raised him as his son. Heck, we don't even know if Zira has a sister to begin with. During her confrontation with Simba, Zira plainly asks him if he "met my son Kovu?" Kovu was initially evil; he was brainwashed to assassinate Simba, and nearly succeeded on doing so if it hadn't been Kiara. He also saved Kiara because he knew Simba would be forced to pay him his dues, not out of any sense of good will. I'm not positively sure what you mean by "fire", but both Nuka and Vitani never refer to Scar as their father during any point in the film.

P.S. I know you're a Lion King fan, but these speculation threads are getting a little out of hand.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby juhouh » May 13th, 2014, 1:10 am

^ That's why I'd suggest an own section for these theories because they're very common in TLK fandom. But don't quite fit into the movie sections imo

--

I believe he has some relations to Zira at least
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby ScarLoyal » May 13th, 2014, 7:31 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]There's nothing in the film that indicates Zira killed her sister and stole Kovu, and raised him as his son. Heck, we don't even know if Zira has a sister to begin with. During her confrontation with Simba, Zira plainly asks him if he "met my son Kovu?" Kovu was initially evil; he was brainwashed to assassinate Simba, and nearly succeeded on doing so if it hadn't been Kiara. He also saved Kiara because he knew Simba would be forced to pay him his dues, not out of any sense of good will. I'm not positively sure what you mean by "fire", but both Nuka and Vitani never refer to Scar as their father during any point in the film.

P.S. I know you're a Lion King fan, but these speculation threads are getting a little out of hand.[/quote]
Well the point of that is to speculate. We will never know the answers but it's still fun! 8-)
By 'fire' I meant hate or evilness.
Vitani and Nuka compared to Kovu, clearly were full of evil and hatred.
But Kovu was only 'brain-washed' and therefore never felt the true 'evil' that his family had.
(IMO Kovu didn't really care about avenging Scar.) Kovu's changing of sides indicates that he was never 'truly evil' but his siblings were.
Well, we can't really say Kovu is her son.
Other than having an Outsider nose.. he has the healthy build of a Pridelander. ;) (Either that or Zira went to great lengths to make sure he stayed plump.)
Vitani's fur isn't as dark as her mother's and looks more tawny..
but Nuka looks like her while also having scar's 'mane' but also looks too scruffy to tell, Vitani never spoke of Scar I believe.. :? There are many similarities between Scar and Nuka, it'd be unlikely that he isn't Scar's son. Even he has the same relationship between Kovu just like Scar and Mufasa but except the roles are reversed.. :wickedmother:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 13th, 2014, 1:04 pm

That's an interesting theory, I've never heard one of Kovu being Zira's nephew. I usually just speculate he was adopted (Mostly orphaned),or she had him with a rouge. I kinda switch back and forth with that.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby TheLionPrince » May 13th, 2014, 6:54 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]
Well the point of that is to speculate. We will never know the answers but it's still fun! 8-)
By 'fire' I meant hate or evilness.
Vitani and Nuka compared to Kovu, clearly were full of evil and hatred.
But Kovu was only 'brain-washed' and therefore never felt the true 'evil' that his family had.
(IMO Kovu didn't really care about avenging Scar.) Kovu's changing of sides indicates that he was never 'truly evil' but his siblings were.
Well, we can't really say Kovu is her son. [/quote]

While it is fun to speculate, you're suggesting things and several relationships that simply aren't there in the movies. I'll repeat what I just said: Kovu was evil and had hatred. When we first see Kovu, he was initially in a position to attack Kiara because she was a Pridelander that was intruding on Outsider territory. By the time Kovu is a young adult, Rafiki says in the tree that Zira is filling Kovu's heart "with hate".

Nuka actually has two reasons for being hateful: first, he is jealous he was passed over as Scar's heir and is neglected by his mother and second, he lives in a barren Outlands because his family was exiled by Simba. Vitani most likely shares Nuka's second reason.

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Other than having an Outsider nose.. he has the healthy build of a Pridelander. ;) (Either that or Zira went to great lengths to make sure he stayed plump.)
Vitani's fur isn't as dark as her mother's and looks more tawny..[/quote]

He also has the Outsider attribute of having his claws extended from his paws. Kovu only has a healthy built similar to a Pridelander because he was given a greater ration of food and water in order to be a successful challenger to Simba. His genetic structure could come into play, but real-life genetics is a complicated matter to discuss.

[quote="ScarLoyal"]but Nuka looks like her while also having scar's 'mane' but also looks too scruffy to tell, Vitani never spoke of Scar I believe.. :? There are many similarities between Scar and Nuka, it'd be unlikely that he isn't Scar's son. Even he has the same relationship between Kovu just like Scar and Mufasa but except the roles are reversed.. :wickedmother:[/quote]

Once again, a parent's physical appearance often times has no role in how their child(ren) look. If Nuka is truly Scar's son, then, Nuka should be jealous for being passed over as heir because he is Scar's son, but in the movie, he is jealous because he is the oldest of Zira's children among other reasons. Vitani spoke of Scar only by his name in a deleted scene.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on June 6th, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SlayerOfLight » May 14th, 2014, 12:58 pm

*sighs* this is the worst speculation thread you have created so far. For heaven's sake, the answer to this thread is even literally revealed in the movie itself. :roll: Zira refered to Kovu as her own son, and no sister of Zira has been mentioned. You are speculating things that are impossible to be true. No confirmation by the creators means it never happened. If Kovu was really Zira's nephew, then the creators of SP would've made that clear to the audience.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride