Does Nala have anxiety/depression?

Does Nala have anxiety/depression?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 11th, 2014, 12:25 pm

In SP she always seemed as if she suffers from severe anxiety (Well not noticeably, but could she be on 'medication'?) I know the term 'medication' being used in TLK sounds weird but its actually common with house-wives that suffer from Anxiety and so they take Prozac to take the edge off.. :sleepyzira: It'd actually be interesting if that were true, as we are shown that Simba has the most anxiety toward their daughter's well being. But it'd be a twist if Nala actually suffered from it more severely and requires 'daily' intakes of herbs from Rafiki. :understanding: Nala would've probably been very stressed about 'Scar's followers' which could explain why she trusted Kovu and wasn't as paranoid as Simba. In my opinon.. Nala 'did' suffer mentally from 'Scar's reign' and it didn't ever go away and even caused 'mood-swings' or 'Depression'. Is it possible?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Does Nala have anxiety/depression?

Postby Ninaroja » May 11th, 2014, 12:57 pm

IMO Nala didn't suffer the same emotional trauma as Simba. She suffered under Scar, yes, but the lionesses at Pride Rock had survival instincts to get through the lack of food etc., as most animals would. Simba, however, was made to think that he had killed his own father, hence why I think Simba had obvious emotional problems during TLKII but Nala didn't.

Also IMO, despite how I've written him in some of my fanfics, movie Rafiki was just a Shaman, not also a "Medicine man" as it were. Rafiki represents the spiritual link in TLK between the living and the dead, I honestly don't think he was involved in healing/medicine etc.

And yes, the idea of any sort of medication in TLK is ludicrous.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Regulus » May 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Nala was a prop in SP, not a character. You can't give a piece of cardboard medication.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ninaroja » May 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm

^^ Yeah actually now that I think about Nala was probably the most useless thing in SP...
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby The Spirit of Life » May 11th, 2014, 9:34 pm

[quote="Regulus"]Nala was a prop in SP, not a character. You can't give a piece of cardboard medication.[/quote]

Sad, but completely true. It's a shame she didn't actually get any discernible role to speak of in SP.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby ScarLoyal » May 12th, 2014, 3:48 am

[quote="Regulus"]Nala was a prop in SP, not a character. You can't give a piece of cardboard medication.[/quote]
Well, even though she stick's to the background like Wall-paper, she did have a 'small role' being Kiara's mother and wasn't singled out like a random-unknown lioness.. :happy2: I guess Disney didn't think that she needed to keep her 'Rebellious and spunky' attitude and therefore became just like her mother.. :slippedout:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride