Vitani and ''We are one.''

Vitani and ''We are one.''

Postby ScarLoyal » May 9th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Do you believe that Vitani was serious about Kiara's 'We are one.' speech? Or did she still not accept Simba as King? We have to remember, Vitani and the Outsiders were trained to kill Simba for Kovu to take the throne.. It's just like when Kovu switched sides too fast. Does it make sense for Vitani and the lionesses to betray Zira after what they've been taught? :?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Vitani and ''We are one.''

Postby TheLionPrince » May 10th, 2014, 2:11 am

The Outsiders' conversion does seem like a huge "deus ex machina" moment, but you have to take into account that Vitani recently lost Nuka during an ambush attack, and seemed very depressed about it. His death may have impacted her perspective of life to the point she believes all this fighting is pointless.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » May 10th, 2014, 5:41 am

I agree with TLP. We also have to take into account the fact that they've been starving in the Outlands and if the fighting stops and Kiara is listened to, that will end without any more death. After losing Nuka already, that would sound very appealing to her I'm sure. Yes it would be hard to integrate, but they were given a chance for their suffering to end and I think she was smart enough to see that if they chose not to battle, the Pride Landers wouldn't kill them. She saw, too, I think, that Kovu, while "traitorous" did not want harm to come to his family, as he was siding with Kiara with the idea of stopping the fighting. I think this would have helped her see that obviously, Simba wasn't as bad as Zira made them think, or Kovu would not have been able to do something like that. If I'm making any sense, as it's late and I'm tired while typing this.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby ScarLoyal » May 10th, 2014, 1:52 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I agree with TLP. We also have to take into account the fact that they've been starving in the Outlands and if the fighting stops and Kiara is listened to, that will end without any more death. After losing Nuka already, that would sound very appealing to her I'm sure. Yes it would be hard to integrate, but they were given a chance for their suffering to end and I think she was smart enough to see that if they chose not to battle, the Pride Landers wouldn't kill them. She saw, too, I think, that Kovu, while "traitorous" did not want harm to come to his family, as he was siding with Kiara with the idea of stopping the fighting. I think this would have helped her see that obviously, Simba wasn't as bad as Zira made them think, or Kovu would not have been able to do something like that. If I'm making any sense, as it's late and I'm tired while typing this.[/quote]
I didn't even think about Nuka's death.. :sad: that'd explain how Vitani changed sides so easily, even after being morphed into the deadly killer she was.. and the Outsiders finally realized that Zira had lost it once she threatened her own daughter.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride