What colors are Vitani's eyes?

What colors are Vitani's eyes?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 7th, 2014, 8:10 am

Many users believe they're blue.. but they look more of a 'purple' to me. Or violet. :demonic:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: What colors are Vitani's eyes?

Postby TheLionPrince » May 8th, 2014, 12:36 am

Her eye color appears to be look more medium blue than the general color of blue.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » May 12th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Not all people perceive colours in the same way due to differences in the amount, and the effectiveness of, cones in the retina. For example, in general, Asian people are able to perceive more colours than others, but it is not that simple and is not simply defined by race. Blue and purple are extremely similar colours, especially when they are that kind of shade that is in Vitani's eyes. Some people may have more acute colour reception and may see a purple that others simply cannot.

It's similar to the concept of colourblindness, in which the individual is only "blind" to some colours and perceives them as a different colour that is usually similar.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby juhouh » May 12th, 2014, 9:46 pm

I can't really say is it blue or purple either. Looks more blue to me

Spoiler: show

But in the darkness they'll turn to red

Spoiler: show
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Carl » May 12th, 2014, 10:12 pm

^ Yeah, what is with that darkness thing, I've also noticed that the red-eyed characters (at least Simba and Zira) have their eyes turn blue in the darkness.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby MooLion » May 12th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Certainly from Juhouh's top image, I'd say blue is the closest to her eye colour, as I see it. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 13th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Her eyes are purplish as a cub, but they seem to get bluer when she's grown up.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:56 am

I see them as blue. We don`t see Vitani in proper daylight as an adult though, so it`s hard to say if they changed colour when she got older, but as I see it her eyes are still blue when she`s grown.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » October 27th, 2014, 4:58 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Not all people perceive colours in the same way due to differences in the amount, and the effectiveness of, cones in the retina. For example, in general, Asian people are able to perceive more colours than others, but it is not that simple and is not simply defined by race. Blue and purple are extremely similar colours, especially when they are that kind of shade that is in Vitani's eyes. Some people may have more acute colour reception and may see a purple that others simply cannot.

It's similar to the concept of colourblindness, in which the individual is only "blind" to some colours and perceives them as a different colour that is usually similar.[/quote]

That explains why I've always seen her eyes as as Purple.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby NaiaRulez » April 5th, 2015, 11:53 pm

I always believed they were bright blue, but the fact you see them violet or sightly purple in because the environment reflects on her eyes. If you look carefully, as a cub in the scene when she argues with Nuka her eyes are sightly violet/purple, but then look at the evironment she's in: The background is from hot colours, I mean, red and orange. Everybody knows that red and blue mixed it becames purple, then if you took her eye colour and remove the red and orange colour, the result is her real eye colour. In fact, I made this mini-experiment to assure her real eye colour:
Step 1: http://i57.tinypic.com/i422ib.png
Step 2: http://i62.tinypic.com/2u6mubr.png
Step 3: http://i59.tinypic.com/33lnsxs.png
Step 4: http://i59.tinypic.com/e1595k.png (the words below were cut .-. it says: that's Vitani's REAL eye color :3)
I hope you understood it :3
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride