Can hazardous conditions stunt growth?

Can hazardous conditions stunt growth?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 7th, 2014, 8:01 am

As we learn about Kovu's destiny, Zira states that HE was hand-chosen by Scar. Though many don't believe this to be possible as he should be much bigger than Kiara. But what if the harsh and deadly conditions of the Outlands, stunted his growth? This 'can' happen with lion cubs. Kovu does have the features of a teen. E.g: Arm fur, mane tuft, cocky attitude. In fact, he looked similar to Simba as a teen. I suspect that he could've been 14 or 15 but Kiara would've been probably 12. :simbahuh:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Can hazardous conditions stunt growth?

Postby TheLionPrince » May 8th, 2014, 8:26 pm

There are a number of reasons for stunted growth, but from the multiple sources I've read, hazardous conditions is not listed as one of them. Vitamin deficiencies from malnutrition is the leading cause of it, and this source from the U.S. National Library of Medicine lists some other reasons, as well as genetics. I, too, believe Kovu's growth was simply stunted simply because of the scarcity of food and water in the Outlands so most likely, the Outsiders had to steal prey from the Pride Lands and surrounding areas in order to feed themselves.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride