Simba and Nala original depiction.

Re: Simba and Nala original depiction.

Postby DGFone » May 8th, 2014, 7:26 pm

I was about to say something very similar to what Akril mentioned: It doesn't look like the rest of the concept art.

If you notice, the concept art is all black and white line drawings, which makes sense because you don't want to spend precious animating resources and energy on what might not even make it into the movie.

So for the lack of a better phrase, in a way, that picture looks well... too good. Color errors aside, the fact that it even has color and all that tells me that it is most likely not concept art, and like many others on this topic have stated, is most likely on the wiki by mistake.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby ScarLoyal » May 9th, 2014, 6:18 am

[quote="DGFone"]I was about to say something very similar to what Akril mentioned: It doesn't look like the rest of the concept art.

If you notice, the concept art is all black and white line drawings, which makes sense because you don't want to spend precious animating resources and energy on what might not even make it into the movie.

So for the lack of a better phrase, in a way, that picture looks well... too good. Color errors aside, the fact that it even has color and all that tells me that it is most likely not concept art, and like many others on this topic have stated, is most likely on the wiki by mistake.[/quote]
Well I guess I thought it was possible because of the other Artwork.. Do these look similar in any way?
Image :) Well that is true, the Simba and Nala one looks more like a 'Recolor'.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » May 11th, 2014, 7:17 am

I could only find the first one of those pictures, but the second one looks like it's a frame from a video. The subtitle is Croatian and roughly translates to "Los Angeles deals with the preparation and development."
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride