Simba and Nala original depiction.

Simba and Nala original depiction.

Postby ScarLoyal » May 4th, 2014, 1:04 pm

I just found this on the wiki and I thought it was interesting! Nala looks more darker and her eyes were a more 'Vitani' tone. Image
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Simba and Nala original depiction.

Postby MooLion » May 5th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Original depiction? Could you elaborate, please? :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby ScarLoyal » May 5th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Oh, Nala was originally going to have 'violet eyes' and 'darker fur' compared to her 'lighter fur' in SP. :D
ScarLoyal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Carl » May 5th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Are you sure about the validity of this? It kind of looks like a recolor or a tracing of a screenshot with different coloration.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby ScarLoyal » May 5th, 2014, 11:54 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Are you sure about the validity of this? It kind of looks like a recolor or a tracing of a screenshot with different coloration.[/quote]
Oh I'm positive, I found it in the 'SP concept art' section of the Lion King wiki. :)
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Carl » May 6th, 2014, 12:33 am

[quote="ScarLoyal"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]Are you sure about the validity of this? It kind of looks like a recolor or a tracing of a screenshot with different coloration.[/quote]
Oh I'm positive, I found it in the 'SP concept art' section of the Lion King wiki. :)[/quote]
Well, most wikis are user-edited, and I've noticed blatant falsehoods on them before. Does the wiki give any further information or does it just say this is the original depiction?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Regulus » May 6th, 2014, 12:40 am

This looks like something an 8 year old did in MS paint.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby ScarLoyal » May 6th, 2014, 12:44 am

Well, I think it could be of Disney, as there are plenty other drafts of SP that weren't used. E.g: Shani, Kovu's original design when he 'was' Scar's son.
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lion_King_II:_Simba%27s_Pride_Concept_Art/Gallery
;)
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Carl » May 6th, 2014, 12:57 am

I'm sorry to say that looking at that doesn't prove it's legit. There are a few other images like this one there that have the same color job, and they are all exact replicas of screenshots. And when Disney's concept works are colored, it doesn't look like that. Most of those sketches and stuff on your link probably are real concept art. But I think this is just a recolor done by a fan in an attempt to make it look like concept art. I google searched the image in question and the only place it appears is on that wiki page; which, like most wikis, is user editable. I could have edited it without even having an account. I don't think this is real. You can't trust everything you find on a wiki, after all.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Akril » May 8th, 2014, 7:21 pm

I wouldn't call this concept art. This looks like an unfinished animation cel -- all the parts of the image that should have a "soft" look to them (the shadows and the coloring on Simba and Nala's noses) have hard edges.

I don't know where this is from, but it is interesting. I think I saw this background being sold on an auction site a few months back. There are a few other similar images in that section of the wiki. Here's one cel that has,a background, but the characters' colors are way off, and the ground shadows also look a bit unfinished:
(I also found where this image originally came from.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride