Are Zira and Scar related

Are Zira and Scar related

Postby ScarLoyal » May 2nd, 2014, 1:15 pm

Are Zira and Scar related?
They look alike, have the same 'dark' eyebrows and 'Outlander nose'. They also have a 'goatee'
as well as the 'small eyes'.
I believe its possible that they could be 'Father and Daughter' or 'Brother and sister.
I'll elaborate on that.
She has a very 'obsessive yet emotional love' for Scar. She always speaks of him as if he 'were' a very big part of her life. Family love can have a powerful bond, just as well as 'romantic love' but who knows, maybe Zira became 'insanely' obsessed with her father? Perhaps even having feelings for him? If they 'were' brother and sister, it could be canon. Zira was a 'mature woman' in SP, (According to Disney.) But Scar looked 'older' at the end of TLK. So perhaps them being father and daughter is much more likely? And if that were true... then Nuka, Vitani and Kovu are Scar's grandchildren? :peeky:
What do you think? :D
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Are Zira and Scar related

Postby TheLionPrince » May 3rd, 2014, 1:32 am

No, they are not confirmed to be related. Zira is simply a delusional follower of Scar and his ideals. It takes more than an "Outsider" nose given Kovu has those distinctive features, but he claims Scar is not his father twice in the movie. However, Zira and Scar having a father-daughter or brother-sister relationship would make for an interesting piece of fanfiction.

Speaking of which, if Zira was Scar's sister, she would also be Mufasa's sister too, making her Simba's aunt. Kovu, Nuka, and Vitani would be his cousins, and given the writers severed Kovu's previously written blood connection with Kiara, it wouldn't be in their vision for Zira to be Scar's sister. In the movie, Zira always calls Scar by his name, and never by a human endearment term like "Dad" or "Father". So, again, it would be good fanfiction material, but not an official relationship in the movie universe.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby ScarLoyal » May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 am

Yeah, that's true. But how would Kovu have a 'blood connection' with Kiara? Darell Roony did say that he was an orphan after all. But yeah, that's true.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Carl » May 3rd, 2014, 2:21 pm

I don't recall anyone officially stating that Kovu was an orphan. The reason Zira's connection to Scar was obscured was to avoid the issue of incest between Kiara and Kovu. Now obviously, since lions do that, Zira could very well be related to Scar, and I personally like that theory more than her being his mate or simply a delusional follower. I think the sister angle works perfectly as I image the duo would have become close being that they both could not have become the ruler, as that was going to be Mufasa. If that were the case, I'd say Zira would be from a second litter after Scar and Mufasa, because she doesn't seem as old as them. That said, what's officially stated is that she was just a follower, and that this was done to obscure hers and Kovu's relationships to Simba and therefore Kiara.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby TheLionPrince » May 3rd, 2014, 5:02 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Yeah, that's true. But how would Kovu have a 'blood connection' with Kiara? Darell Roony did say that he was an orphan after all. But yeah, that's true.[/quote]

I was referring to what has been described as the original script where Kovu was written as Scar's son, therefore he becomes Simba's cousin and Kiara's first cousin once removed.

Here's the "orphan" statement:

Rooney simply stated Kovu was described as an orphan, not that he is one. The movie heavily implies Zira is his mother while his father is left ambiguous.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride