Why was Zira banished?

Why was Zira banished?

Postby ScarLoyal » April 26th, 2014, 4:15 pm

I've often thought about this, why were Zira and the outsiders banished? It was never talked about on why they can't turn their back on them. This leads me to believe that someone may have been murdered by Zira either when they first met during the end of Scar's reign. Or maybe Zira and the outsiders were accepted into Simba's Pride, and later on murdered Sarabi but before she could kill Kiara she was stopped and exiled by Simba.
It does seem a bit of a 'stupid' reason that they were exiled just for being loyal to Scar.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Why was Zira banished?

Postby Buffy » April 26th, 2014, 5:07 pm

There are so many theories for why Zira was exiled. One of the biggest ones is that many think that she murdered Simba and Nala's first born cub (Kopa) and therefore got banished to the Outlands.

Then there's the possibility that she tried to start a rebellion after Scar's death, which could have caused a lot of trouble.

It could even have been a combination of those two examples I just gave.
There really is no right or wrong answer, as this is something we will never know the answer to, but it's fun to theorize. Personally, I don't really have an opinion as to why she was exiled, I just like having several theories.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby SimbaRomKing » April 26th, 2014, 5:36 pm

I agree with Buffy. She murdered Kopa, and Simba was so angry that he banished her and her followers. I also belive that Zira wanted to revenge Scar, by killing the most precious person Simba had: his son. But the cub's death was just senseless...
REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD TIMES WITH THE ONE YOU LOVED AND THEN LOST.
SimbaRomKing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Scott
Pride Points: 0

Postby ScarLoyal » April 27th, 2014, 1:11 am

[quote="SimbaRomKing"]I agree with Buffy. She murdered Kopa, and Simba was so angry that he banished her and her followers. I also belive that Zira wanted to revenge Scar, by killing the most precious person Simba had: his son. But the cub's death was just senseless...[/quote]
Really? But if Zira DID murder Kopa, then wouldn't Simba or Nala kill Zira? It'd be similar to the 'elephant graveyard' incident. I think Mufasa would've slaughtered those hyenas if THEY killed the cubs.. does it really make sense enough, unless Simba has no proof but has 'suspicions' then I suppose that could work.. But when you think about it. Simba would've went insane... maybe Zira killed Simba's and Nala's son and parents?
:cry:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbaRomKing » April 27th, 2014, 1:51 pm

I don't really know. There are lot of reasons, but I think that's why Simba was so protective with Kiara.
Anyway, everyone has the right to have his own opinion.
REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD TIMES WITH THE ONE YOU LOVED AND THEN LOST.
SimbaRomKing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Scott
Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » April 27th, 2014, 9:06 pm

There was never a direct explanation as to why Zira and the Outsiders were banished in the film, but the most common suggestion was that they were exiled for their loyalties to Scar.* Zira killing Kopa is just a popular theory to explain her banishment, why Simba is so protective over Kiara, and why the cubs presented the two films look different. The theory becomes discredited to the films because the filmmakers never recognized the existence of Kopa. On the audio commentary of the first film, the filmmakers named Simba and Nala's new cub, "Fluffy", and admitted to being surprised that the cub became a female. Simba's overprotectiveness can be traced to his trauma of losing his father at a young age.

*I beg to differ that it's a stupid reason for banishment. Simba knew they were a threat to his kingdom in a similar manner that Mufasa knew the hyenas were a threat. So, he couldn't risk the Pride Lands being overrun again by followers of Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride