Zira's age

Zira's age

Postby ScarLoyal » April 21st, 2014, 3:16 pm

Is it just me or did Zira seem more 'older' than Simba Nala or Scar? If she was just a cub when Mufasa and Scar were newborns, once they were young cubs Zira would be a teen. Then as they grew into young adolescents then she would be a young adult. Then so on and so fourth, she's an adult by the time Scar is a young adult. Even though she was 'meant' to look and sound 'frightening' it just seemed like that to me.
:P
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Zira's age

Postby InsaneSeagull » April 21st, 2014, 4:08 pm

I somehow think she's around Scar's age, maybe even silently younger. Definitely much older than Simba, though. If she were older than Scar, it would be hard to imagine literally the whole generation being skipped, so that Kovu and Kiara are the same age.

On the other hand, Kovu IS her youngest cub out of 3, and Nuka appears to be almost full-grown in the movie. That automatically adds to his mother's age, considering that she had to be grown when she got him, logically. And Kiara is the only cub of Simba and Nala (I don't really believe in Kopa, sorry), whom they probably 'got' very early.

So, as I said, probably a few months younger than Scar? She looks quite a lot like him in this movie, maybe slightly more "drained", but that might also be due to her living conditions, and not the age.

Very interesting topic for discussion.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Lauren » April 21st, 2014, 8:52 pm

I have defiantly seen her to be around the same age as Scar, therefore, fitting in first generation (Mufasa, Sarabi, Scar, Zira, and Sarafina). Simba and Nala are second generation and Kiara, Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka are third generation. I know there is a generation before Mufasa and Scar (their parents time), but I'm just going to refer to the main three that we see in the movies.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby juhouh » April 21st, 2014, 8:54 pm

I agree with Lauren although she looks much younger than them, but so does Sarafina also
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby EdtheHyena » April 21st, 2014, 9:47 pm

Older than Scar? I guess she could be.

There's a whole thread about how Scar looked older than Mufasa, even though he was younger than him. And Zira could easily be older than Mufasa...

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby MooLion » April 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm

As I said in another topic, I just always assumed she was older than Simba and Nala, and not that much younger than Scar. It's acceptable that she'd still have her cubs at an older age, of course. Her design and voice certainly suggest to me she's older.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » April 22nd, 2014, 7:36 pm

I firmly believe Zira is in the same generation as Simba and Nala. It seems to make sense since they give birth to a new generation of lions with Nuka being the oldest and Kiara being the youngest of her generation. Concerning Zira's voice, someone's voice cannot be an indicator of their age. I'm pretty sure there are scores of people who can claim they were told they sound older (or younger) than they actually look. Zira's voice actress, Suzanne Pleshette, was a lifelong smoker, but can't a chain smoker under the age of 50 have the same type of voice?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » April 23rd, 2014, 9:11 pm

I personally believe that Zira is younger than Scar. In the movie she doesn't actually look that much older than Simba and Nala to me. Considering Nuka's age, I'd guess at her being at least somewhat older than them, but not significantly so. After all, we don't even know for sure how old Simba and Nala are. It never specifies how long Simba spent in the jungle. For all we know, he and Nala were old enough to have had a cub at the time of Nuka's birth and simply didn't because they weren't in the same location at that time. That said, I do consider her to be older than them, though not as old as Scar. I imagine her to have been a cub when Scar was an adolescent, and that she is so devoted to him because he took pity on her for some reason or another.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 16th, 2014, 12:27 am

She looks a little over Simba's age, and She could have had Nuka when she was young.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 17th, 2014, 5:49 am

Maybe about Scar's age
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride