Nala's colours

Nala's colours

Postby ScarLoyal » April 13th, 2014, 3:18 pm

You know how Nala's SP colors look VERY different compared to her TLK colors?
Well i've noticed something weird that happens throughout the movie..

She turns back to her normal colors!? :-O
Her fur seems to be the same gradient but more pinkish. And her eyes are back to the 'sea green' ones like in the jungle scene!

Am I the only one who noticed this?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Nala's colours

Postby Carl » April 13th, 2014, 4:07 pm

No, I have noticed it as well. Unfortunately, it isn't a true return to her original colours as the appearance of that is provided by the darkness of the sky from the hour and the smoke. Her true colours would have her darker in that scene. I really don't get why the creators of SP couldn't just use the original colours for her and Simba.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby MooLion » April 13th, 2014, 4:33 pm

I couldn't get why the entire film was so much darker than the original. At least it got lightened somewhat for the DVD.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby KingCub » April 14th, 2014, 5:55 am

^^ I have to say I kinda liked the darker backgrounds used throughout SP. But defiantly not the colors, and agreeing with Julie, I still don't understand why they did not bring back the same colors...Maybe it was just a different style, and they wanted to change things up a bit.

But to your question, I think it was just the lighting that happens in that scene. Everybody and really everything takes a darker look during that one scene, and if I remember correctly, she ends up going back to her colors matching hers in the beginning of the story.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby The Spirit of Life » April 15th, 2014, 8:57 pm

I almost wonder if the animators didn't purposely or even subconsciously make the colouring of some of the Pridelanders a little darker, just to accentuate the point that there was really nothing different between them and the Outlanders. Probably not, but just a weird thought that I had.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby NeverLander22 » April 27th, 2014, 9:16 pm

It was very odd to see her colors change and all that jazz, I felt like they should have spent a lot longer on the color schemes in the second one, trying to match them up with the first one.
NeverLander22
Live today as it's your last

Happy to write!

Nickname(s): Ki, NeverLander
Pride Points: 0

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » April 28th, 2014, 2:03 am

Well, DisneyToon Studios is the usually the subdivision that makes sequels. They do this a lot:

I'm not really complaining, because I LOVE sequels. But I actually do prefer Nala's SP colors, she looks really pretty with them.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby NeverLander22 » April 28th, 2014, 7:56 pm

I see that they definitely have done the whole color change thing a lot. I never really noticed it much between other sequels and their originals.
NeverLander22
Live today as it's your last

Happy to write!

Nickname(s): Ki, NeverLander

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 5:48 am

Well the brightness just made her fur look like different, that's all.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Brickmaster4496 » August 26th, 2014, 6:51 pm

I honestly don't mind Nala's different colors in between films. I think she was just older in the second film than she was in the first, so I think it's to be expected that her fur would change as she ages.
Brickmaster4496

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride