Nala's colours

Re: Nala's colours

Postby juhouh » August 27th, 2014, 4:12 pm

1st picture - She's in the sunlight

2nd picture - She's in the shadow

...and the last picture is from the original VHS release where the colors were much darker, here's the same picture of her from the DVD/Blu-ray version
Spoiler: show

See? It differs a lot
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » September 6th, 2014, 4:23 am

Since the animation is pretty different, the color problem just feels like a part of it to me.
AbbeyRoad2014

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 11:10 am

She's the best looking lioness still no matter of the color of her fur :)
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:23 am

It`s due to the lighting in the different scenes. When you look at Nala in daylight you can see her colours clearly.
I still don`t get why they gave her blue eyes in the sequel. Yes, I know her eyes appear aquamarine in the jungle scenes, but at the end of TLK, we see Nala in daylight again and her eyes are clearly the same light green shade as when she was a cub.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby NaiaRulez » April 5th, 2015, 11:04 pm

I think it was a movie mistake for the SP creators, but if it wasn't a mistake then is the light that reflects. Because in TLK, Nala is showed in darker (tan) colors because as adult, she's most showed in the jungle and the PrideLands when it was 'destroyed', because the leaves and non saturated colors make contrast to her fur, same with her eyes (they're greener in the jungle in TLK that in the PrideLands in SP that show aqua) It's like the same-color optical illusion (or whatever it names xD), or as I said at the beggining, a silly movie mistake. (btw, i even like more TLK Nala colors than in SP)
NaiaRulez

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Carl » April 6th, 2015, 8:14 pm

^ That's a good argument, except that it doesn't take into account the final scene in TLK, in which Nala and Simba are presenting Fluffy before the restored kingdom in clear daylight and her fur is still much darker than in SP.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby NaiaRulez » April 6th, 2015, 8:16 pm

That's right, just noticed that. Oh well, maybe that proves Nala eye colour is green as adult and SP colors were mistaken.
NaiaRulez

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby DragonFromNewYork » May 26th, 2015, 8:50 pm

A lot of the characters from the original film have at least slightly different color schemes in SP. Nala's SP color scheme makes her appear older in my opinion, which seemed to be the goal of the animators. I don't know if I prefer any scheme over another, though.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride