Does anybody but me feel...

Re: Does anybody but me feel...

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 5:58 am

The hyenas sure were funny and made a part of the movie in TLK, but it's not like they were absolutely necessary. So, no I didn't mind not seeing them in SP.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby it means no worries » August 22nd, 2014, 6:24 am

[quote="MooLion"] So yeah, I did miss the hyenas not being in Simba's Pride. Maybe it feels a bit too lion-y [/quote]

"too lion-y" um... just guessing here but i presume there's a reason its called the LION king...
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby MooLion » August 27th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Hey, it was just a little comment. Didn't need the response. Anyway, it certainly wasn't too 'lion-y' on The Lion King 3. I like a focus on lions, but films don't have to stick literally to the titles and a mix of animals was nice in the original.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Timon the great » August 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm

^Pretty much exactly my thoughts on movie titles because they mostly identify works and not actually determine what that film/franchise is all about as I've seen from many already. After all, the alternate title of LK is King of the Jungle, which doesn't automatically say it's about lions.

Personally, when I really look at that, that alt title fits the entire film franchise better than the official.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 12:35 am

If you were only a fan of the hyenas, it makes perfect sense you wouldn`t enjoy the sequel.

I personally quite liked the hyenas in the original, but never minded they weren`t in SP, I`ve always loved the lions and was pleased the focus was on them. Timon and Pumbaa could easily been toned down a bit..
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby it means no worries » October 27th, 2014, 9:15 am

[quote="MooLion"]Hey, it was just a little comment. Didn't need the response. Anyway, it certainly wasn't too 'lion-y' on The Lion King 3. I like a focus on lions, but films don't have to stick literally to the titles and a mix of animals was nice in the original.[/quote]

sorry, i didnt mean to sound aggresive
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » May 2nd, 2015, 7:25 am

Without Shenzi, the movie would have been...well, I'm not gonna voice what I think for the sake of politeness.
ILoveShenziMarie

Pride Points: 2

Postby HereWeStand » May 8th, 2015, 10:44 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. I wouldn't make it 5 minutes in without Ed's brilliance in the film, and skip any scenes without him included.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » June 23rd, 2015, 2:00 am

The hyenas weren't even the basis of evil though not having hyenas AND Scar is kinda like...okay but idk. I could just love it because I grew up with the movie but the lack of hyena doesn't bother me. I actually love this movie almost more than the first one nevertheless. I think it's the love story and the music. Plus kiara is always drawn just so perfect and kovu is like so cool and bad boy-ish.

Lol sorry for fangirling. I just love it so much (watching for the third time in 2 days) :lol:
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride