What color is Nuka?

What color is Nuka?

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » February 4th, 2014, 3:07 am

When he was younger he was brown

But then he became gray-brown:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120223030417/lionking/images/8/87/ONFIRENuka.png

KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: What color is Nuka?

Postby juhouh » February 4th, 2014, 7:59 am

He's brown all the time but in shadow (or at night) he looks gray
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby InsaneSeagull » February 5th, 2014, 11:52 am

He doesn't appear gray to me at all actually. Yeah, he becomes kind of grayish in shadow (like juhouh mentioned), but yeah, he's brown.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Lauren » February 21st, 2014, 5:06 am

I never saw a difference in Nuka's fur color throughout the course of the movie. A lot of his later scenes take place either at night or in a place where there's more shadow around, so that affects the tone of the fur color.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zinxscar » February 24th, 2014, 1:52 am

There's just no official color for him it seems. There's always SOME sort of lighting on him. It's bothersome when you try to get colors for him.
zinxscar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Zin, Sephy, Sephi
Pride Points: 0

Postby DragonFromNewYork » April 10th, 2014, 12:39 am

I'd say he's a smoky greyish-brown. In his first few scenes, I'm convinced he appears brown because of the sunset and the affect it would have on the appearance of all the lions (for example: Vcub Vitani looks deep orange when she is actually a palish yellow, Zira looks orange as well, etc.)
He seems to regain the greyish brown in "My Lullaby".
He has the same color in the field scene where he is setting the pridelands on fire and seems to keep the same color for the rest of his scenes, so I'd think he was that color.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby ScarLoyal » April 10th, 2014, 3:01 am

I'm pretty sure that Nuka's fur color is more 'brown' because the SP animators have placed a 'blue layer' on the movie which makes the characters colors come out whacky.. I mean Kovu's purple, Simba's orange, and Nala went from her 'bleached' color to 'TLK Nala' later in the movie. Even the background colors are affected too.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby EdtheHyena » April 21st, 2014, 9:53 pm

oh god this is just like in those "land before time" movies where the characters' skin changes everytime they're in a different light

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride