Does Disney still consider the cub at The Lion King, Kiara

Does Disney still consider the cub at The Lion King, Kiara

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » January 15th, 2014, 6:38 pm

(Sorry not sure if right section) but has anyone bought any recent books of the Lion king or something that refer to the cub as a girl, princess or even Kiara? I'm just curious if they ever reference her anymore.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Does Disney still consider the cub at The Lion King, Kia

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 15th, 2014, 7:00 pm

The cub at the end of the first movie, also refered to as ''fluffy'' was later given the identity of Kiara, which is proven as well in the trailer of Simba's pride. So, yes... It's officially confirmed that it is Kiara.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Re: Does Disney still consider the cub at The Lion King, Kia

Postby TheLionPrince » January 17th, 2014, 12:17 am

The book universe is a jumbled mess that is hard to make sense out of, so it's highly recommended to ignore the books altogether. This page of The Lion King: Serialized Storybook states the animals came to celebrate the "birth of the King's new son". I own a copy of The Lion King: A Read-Aloud Storybook that was published by MouseWorks in 1999, and the ending page states "Soon the animals gathered at Pride Rock to celebrate the birth of Simba and Nala's cub." Note how it doesn't give the cub a specific gender. (Hopefully, I will be able to scan that particular page.) I also wouldn't be surprised if the current Lion King storybooks on sale are just re-prints of the older storybooks that were sold in the mid to late 1990s.

Now, to answer your question, there is a storybook that describes "Fluffy" as a female. Here is the scanned page of a Lion King storybook. And Andrew Collins (the lead animator of Kovu) confirmed in an Australian edition of the Disney Adventures magazine was asked "What's the major difference between this film and the original?" He answered, "It takes off where the first one left off with a twist - you think it's a king but it's a queen!" Click here for the article: Africa Down Under.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride