Do you think if Nuka lived

Re: Do you think if Nuka lived

Postby Lauren » October 20th, 2013, 3:08 am

In my opinion, I believe he would've stayed loyal to Zira for a while, but once the two prides stopped their war and joined as one, he would've joined along with Kovu and Vitani. It was unfortunate that his own mother never paid attention to him and couldn't take care of his younger siblings properly in a lower-class area, but he mainly wanted acceptance and feel worthy of living. When Zira was about to die, I would imagine him going after her and trying to save her, but probably crushed to see her fall to her death. It would've hit him hard since he gave all the effort he could give to receive her attention and never gets it, but probably joining a bigger and communicative pride would've made him feel even more worthy of living. If he was the only Outsider living in the Outlands while Kovu and Vitani were with Simba and his pride, than there would be no purpose for him being alone without anyone.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » December 12th, 2013, 12:24 am

The way I see it, the only thing Nuka lived for was to get Ziras approval. So whereever Zira went, he would follow. That`s not saying he would literally jump off the cliff if she did... but I have a hard time imaginig Nuka turning away from his mother and switching sides. Like someone else mentioned, I think Nuka would (after Zira died/killed herself) attack Simba/Kiara and perhaps get killed in his attempt to bring him/them down.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby FlipMode » December 20th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Nuka was a bit mad let's be honest, I reckon he would have recklessly decided to stay with Zira until the very end. The other outsiders at least seemed to have some sense of morality over loyalty but Zira and Nuka seemed to be willing to die for the cause (and indeed did, as it were). And really, being willing to die for something, whether it be attention or to be king... Being willing to die for something is pretty much the furthest extent you can go for something.
What I'm basically saying is, if he was willing to risk death then I have no reason to think that he would've switched sides at the end.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby The_Outlander » January 12th, 2014, 7:08 pm

I want to say that he would have switched sides based only on Nuka's sensitive nature and his need to belong, but I can't see it being long-lasting. I think his mother's death would have left him very bitter and angry, since his whole life was a pattern of trying to please her and getting nothing in return. He lived a life receiving zero validation from the lion he loved most (which would have given him issues to begin with), and then would have had to helplessly watch her fall to a horrific, violent and painful death. In that moment he would have realized that any chance of receiving the love and recognition he'd been chasing was gone, and where that was his main goal in life (very specific to his mother) I think he'd be left feeling quite lost and frustrated without her. I have a feeling that kind of emotional scarring combined with the life-long brainwashing (Simba is the enemy), watching a non-relative (Kovu) being favoured by his role model/hero, and Nuka's fierce loyalty to Zira in general would leave him babying a grudge. He could possibly "switch" sides for a time if for nothing else but practicality/survival/stick with his pride, but I think that grudge would eventually lead him to revolt and attempt to usurp Simba and then Kovu from their respective statuses (assuming Simba is still alive in this scenario when Nuka reaches his breaking point). I'm not entirely sure, but it's fun to theorize!

O/T comment: That would be an interesting storyline to go with for a 3rd TLK film if Nuka had survived, juhouh. I'd love to see how a 3rd film would have played out if it started out much like the first film, except with Kovu and Kiara as king and queen with Nuka as the envious underdog brother plotting revenge.
The_Outlander

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Bloodspill » January 12th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Yeah, that could be possible, but I'd rather see Scar making that kind of decision than Nuka, since he wasn't too smart :nukalaugh: No cold blood, whatever. But who knows. That definitely would be cool idea for the next movie, if only Disney didn't decide to make him a cartoon (and dead) character :nukasad:
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby zinxscar » February 24th, 2014, 2:10 am

You know... I'd say he'd stay loyal.. But who is he staying loyal to? His mother's dead.. (If you have your theory that she's not, that's perfectly fine, I'm just going by what the movie led everyone to believe) And his sister, brother, and pridemembers have all gone against her. Him trying to recreate the pride with himself as king would just be a repeat. At most he would probably go to the pridelands, talk to kovu and vitani, and leave. Maybe even build himself back up and start his own pride to make his mother proud of him for being a good king.
zinxscar

Nickname(s): Zin, Sephy, Sephi
Pride Points: 0

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride