Why do you love TLK?

Re: Why do you love TLK?

Postby MiKuna Matata » December 7th, 2015, 10:39 pm

@squeely: I haven't been to the Broadway version, yet. But I've listened to some of its songs. That is truly beautiful! Glad to hear your love with TLK, it's really a huge classic of all time. And, welcome to join the pride! :)

@TheSassyNala: We do change a lot when we grow up! :lol: But I haven't heard anyone roaring like Simba before! I wish I was there to hear it! XD

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu
Pride Points: 6

Postby SimbaTheShiningStar » December 23rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

I love it simply because it was a part of my childhood. :-)

But the past few years, I have realized I've been able to relate to the story on a personal level. I've been through a very similar situation to Simba - I didn't experience a death in the family, but I suffered severe depression and a huge loss of self esteem and confidence. I lost my way and couldn't see a future for myself, just like Simba. I didn't know how to get my life together or which way to turn. I felt lost and scared.
:disappointed3:

It took the advice of two much-loved friends to pull me out of a dark and empty world and start to set me on the right path again. If it wasn't for that advice and love from them, I would still be in the same mess.
:ghost: :hug2:
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it...or, learn from it."
SimbaTheShiningStar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'We Are One'

Nickname(s): Vicki
Pride Points: 3

Postby MiKuna Matata » December 25th, 2015, 3:44 pm

^ Glad to hear that you've found your new strength to stand up! :) I got some friends that also have helped me get through the harsh time. And I'm so glad I have them with me! If it weren't for them, I might never find someone to talk to, or share the bad feelings with. I guess friends do play a crucial role in our life, just like Timon and Pumbaa. :togetherness:

Being a perfect collection of people's emotion, TLK is so strong that it truly strikes into my heart.
MiKuna Matata
A problem-free philosophy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Just sing a song and let go of worries

Nickname(s): MK, Yu

Postby juhouh » April 7th, 2016, 8:00 pm

well well...

- the atmosphere
- the music
- Nala

I don't know if I LOVE the movie anymore. I've been around this fandom for so long time already that my interest towards TLK has completely faded off. Yes, I still like Nala as much as I used to as a character but not the movie that much anymore. Anyways, it is still and will always be the best Disney movie ever produced imo. I don't really care that much about Disney neither have I ever cared
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Claws » April 10th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Because there's lions even in the tittle

And Simba, and the songs, and Nala, and the Hyenas, and Scar's voice, and the feeeeels, and the nostalgy, and so on.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico

Postby PridelandsPhantom » April 11th, 2016, 6:50 am

Gee, where do I start? ;) I was eight when the movie came out in 1994 and I can remember my first glimpse of the movie being when they were working on it and it was on one of my videos (Beauty and the Beast I believe) and I was fascinated with it. It was the first movie I remember actually going to the theater to see and the most vivid part of it was Mufasa's death. I remember wanting to run out of the theater crying because I was so upset! My nephew is two years younger than me and after seeing the Lion King multiple times we actually tried Hakuna Matata as in eating bugs! :-o What I mean is, we saw a dead rolly polly, split it, and then said "Hakuna Matata!" :lol: Yes, it was gross. I was and still am very Lion King obsessed. I loved the music as a kid especially I Just Can't Wait to Be King. I always liked Can You Feel the Love Tonight? even as a young girl. I used a picture of Simba and Nala to try to win a door decorating contest idea for my 4th grade class.

My best friend Sam (girl) who stayed my best friend for sixteen years and I used to pretend we were Simba and Nala as cubs playing pinned ya! :P One of my prized possessions is my Purring Simba plush I got from my late grandpa. I just think it's a beautiful movie about staying true to yourself and taking responsibility. There is a good combination of tragedy, romance, and comedy. I always felt bad for little Simba for thinking he caused his father's death when it was Scar starting the stampede and making Simba think his roar practice was the start of that! :grr3: I memorized it so much that it was the first movie I watched in multiple languages (Spanish in my high school Spanish class and Dutch online).
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 12th, 2016, 9:21 pm

I can totally lay out my reason for you, cause it has a very good point-very simple

first off I dont care at all that it has shakespear in it, do not care what so ever, never have never will

Its the most beautiful most mysterious place in Africa which doesn't even exist except its located between Tanzania and Kenya. Made Africa my dream vacation, Pride Rock I wish I could explore more, its thrilling and tempting to go check out the elephant graveyard, and I would love a vacation at the jungle. Overall its escape from reality-thank you Disney!
Its about the Circle of Life, MILLION DOLLAR SCENE SHOULD BE we are all connected in the great Circle of Life, it made me realize what really is important in this world and animals need our help more then ever.
the music, got me into the love and respect for Africa.
and last but certainly never the least, the design of it all, the characters mostly, there structure, the way they were draw, I LOVE IT!

All other reasons are listed below my signature
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Vorkey » April 13th, 2016, 2:54 pm

The first time I saw The Lion King was when my dad brought home a pirated copy recorded in the cinema lol. I never really understood the movie the first time I saw it because I was quite young, but then when the Lion King 2 came out I took an interest in that movie and thought it was great. Then finally I went back and watched the original and realised it was 100x better. Lions are also favourite animals and working with them is a passion of mine so I guess me and The Lion King is a perfect fit.

Oh yeah, what I like about the movie... Besides the fact that it's about lions, I really like the animation, voices and the music. :-)
Vorkey

Pride Points: 0

Previous

Return to The Lion King