What if Scar wasn't evil?

Re: What if Scar wasn't evil?

Postby Carl » February 22nd, 2015, 7:13 pm

I firmly believe that the hyenas weren't evil in and of themselves. They were in a bad situation, bitter and longing for food, just like any marginalized group. The thing is we do not know who started the conflict between the lions and the hyenas, and probably, by the time of the events in the film, they didn't know either. But if you watch the "Be Prepared" sequence, you can see that the hyenas never would have actually considered killing Mufasa on their own. They were surprised when Scar suggested it. They didn't like lions, sure, but they weren't truly evil. They were Scar's lackeys and that's the only reason they committed evil acts, because he promised them food and prosperity if they did.

So, if Scar was not evil to put the idea into their heads, they would probably have continued living the way they were for a while before eventually doing what they did between the movies; leaving. Mufasa would not have been killed, the stampede wouldn't have happened. Simba would not have met Timon and Pumbaa. Scar probably would have had a mate and/or cubs. The events of SP never would have happened. Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka may never have even been born. The drought that occurred during Scar's reign canonically probably would have been much easier to survive without hyenas drinking all the water and eating all the food (hyena clans irl can be up to like 80 individuals, if I remember right, so that's a lot of food and water). Things as a whole would have been better.

Of course, for that matter, everything could have been different. For all we know, if Scar hadn't been evil, he and Sarabi might have gotten together, and maybe Simba wouldn't even exist.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » February 23rd, 2015, 8:32 am

Another thing to consider is if Scar wasn't evil what ever threat The Pride Lands faced Mufasa and Scar would have fought against it together as brothers united.

As for Simba remaining arrogant if Mufasa had not died, I think Mufasa would have taught Simba the folly of arrogance long before Simba reached his adulthood.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 28th, 2015, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Lauren » February 28th, 2015, 3:56 am

Like many of the members, I highly believe that if Scar wasn't the egotistical and cold-hearted lion he was presented as in the first movie, none of the major events would've ever happened and the future would've been drastically different: Mufasa would've been around to see Simba grow up into an adult and eventually meet his granddaughter once Kiara was born. The pride would have been allowed to move with the other herds somewhere else for resources to survive on during the drought. Simba would have not suffered so much from his childhood as well as adulthood and the feud between Simba's pride and Zira's pride would have not existed later on.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » February 28th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Hmm... Interesting one. In my opinion, if Scar wasn't evil he would be a bit of a boring/pointless character. I mean, look at Sarafina poor lass got like one line in the whole movie and she was a main characters mother xD I think Sarabi was a bit under used too, but that might just be me as she's my favourite charrie. But yeh, I could just see Scar sort of being pushed to the back if he weren't evil, plus with him being the evil Uncle it sort of makes the story.

I don't really think the hyena's would bother with taking over or attacking the pride lands either as Scar was the one who originally put that thought in their heads to begin with.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby NaiaRulez » April 17th, 2015, 9:57 pm

If Scar wasn't evil first of all Mufasa will still alive. Without evilness, he wouldn't be able to kill his own brother, as he did on the original movie.
On the other way, I think Scar turned evil because of his parents education. I always believed that his parents paid more attention to Mufasa than to him, and he feeled displaced. Into that theory, Ahadi, their father, is who did the scar in Taka's eye.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Previous

Return to The Lion King