[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Your favorite bit of animation? — My Lion King Forum

Your favorite bit of animation?

Your favorite bit of animation?

Postby Elton John » February 1st, 2015, 11:47 pm

It can range from a quick 4 second scene to a longer one.

I've seen people criticize the music, the story or the characters but never the animation quality.

I dont't think i have seen an animated movie with better animation. Some might argue that the thief and the cobbler has better animation due to it having a high framerate and while i do agree that fluidity is important it is far from the only thing that can make animation impressive.

I think that the most impressive scenes are the ones that look like camerawork. The movie isn't just static backgrounds with characters interacting on them like most traditionally animated films.

In the circle of life when zazu is swooping down to Mufasa

When mufasa is talking to simba on pride rock their bodies turn while they stand in place.

When simba realizes what is happening on the gorge before the wildebeast stampede, you see it quickly panning to his face. Same thing happens after scar kills mufasa.

I also like how there are many scenes that feel like different camera angles. Like, one scene will have a very different perspective from another even though it is in the same exact area.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Your favorite bit of animation?

Postby SimbasGuard » February 7th, 2015, 10:23 pm

I like The Can You Feel The Love Tonight Scene.
Simba's battle with Scar
and where Simba ascends to claim his Kingship.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 8th, 2015, 1:00 am

I like it aaallll
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby TheLionPrince » February 9th, 2015, 12:22 am

Last edited by TheLionPrince on February 10th, 2015, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Lauren » February 9th, 2015, 4:19 pm

1. The shot of Simba standing on the tip of Pride Rock during sunrise

- One of my favorite shots during the beginning of the movie.

2. Zazu flying out of the "Birdie Boiler"

- I love how cartoony it is despite the characters being in a dangerous situation. It balances out the humor and seriousness at the same time.

3. Scar exclaiming, "I will be king...AND YOU WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY AGAIN!"

- It's such an intense moment.

4. Simba talking to Mufasa's ghost during the night

- Absolutely breathtaking moment every time I watch that scene. Very beautiful.

5. The slow-motion that's taking place during the final showdown between SImba and Scar

- I love it. So epic with the red tones and flames around them...and it's badass.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Adofo » February 10th, 2015, 5:31 am

I love everything! But if I had to choose.....I'd have to go with Simba roaring on Priderock in the rain becoming King. That always warms my heart everytime I even just think of it!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Carl » February 10th, 2015, 9:00 pm

I like when Simba is walking towards Scar in the flames, and he says "You don't deserve to live." Something about the way he walks away from the crackling fire has always intrigued me.

I also like the animation on Simba's face when Mufasa's ghost is talking to him, when he looks wide-eyed and hopeless, his whiskers and mane being tugged by the wind, and we can see cub Simba in his eyes, in his expression. I think it is just wonderful animation and attention to detail.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Marizzle » February 11th, 2015, 8:25 pm

The scene where Simba is ascending up Pride Rock is definitely my favourite. It's just so...overwhelming.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby DGFone » February 12th, 2015, 3:54 am

Not my favorite bit of animation, but I really love the credits. I think Elton John's Can You Feel The Love Tonight has something to do with this.

As for animation in the movie itself, again I can't say that it's my favorite bit of animation with complete certainty, but my favorite scene is when Simba is with Rafiki at the magic pool, right before Mufasa's ghost. The animation there is really good as well, and I really love the water effects they had, with the water surface reflecting the moonlight onto Simba and the surroundings. I also have to applaud the sound work there as well, with the very gentle, hardly noticeable blowing of wind, as well as the sounds of the insects, the crickets and that one bit of what sounds a lot like a woodpecker in the background.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Queen_Nala » February 13th, 2015, 9:46 am

Simba's and Nala's reunion and then the end when Simba takes his crown and they show the new cub and future for Pridelands. Those two really.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to The Lion King