Did Mufasa and Scar's father make a good choice?

Did Mufasa and Scar's father make a good choice?

Postby Taka1995 » September 16th, 2014, 2:35 pm

Ok, I know Mufasa is a bit older than Scar, just a few minutes. But why their father chose Mufasa and not his younger cub? At first Scar ( his real name was Taka) was a good and proud boy, but then he became envious of his Brother and this envy turned finally into hatred. In Your opinion, Ahadi made a good thing for the Pride Lands choosing Mufasa or he had been a little imprudent choosing him?
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Re: Did Mufasa and Scar's father make a good choice?

Postby SimbasGuard » September 16th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Mufasa proved to be a good King, that justifies Ahadi's choice. I also believe that Ahadi would have taken notice which of his cubs had the better qualification to be king before he named his heir.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » September 17th, 2014, 3:08 am

[quote="Taka1995"]Ok, I know Mufasa is a bit older than Scar, just a few minutes.[/quote]

We don't know the age difference between Mufasa and Scar. They could be littermates, or they could have been born years or months apart.

[quote="Taka1995"]But why their father chose Mufasa and not his younger cub?[/quote]

Presumably, going by the rules of royal succession, the oldest living heir is deemed the rightful successor to the throne.

[quote="Taka1995"]At first Scar ( his real name was Taka) was a good and proud boy, but then he became envious of his Brother and this envy turned finally into hatred. In Your opinion, Ahadi made a good thing for the Pride Lands choosing Mufasa or he had been a little imprudent choosing him?[/quote]

The story "A Tale of Two Brothers" in The Lion King: Six New Adventures is not canon and was basically outright denied from existence by the original filmmakers on the audio commentary of The Lion King on the Laserdisc/DVD/Blu-Ray releases. When they stated Fluffy was the cub seen at the end, they denied Kopa so all of the content surrounding his existence is non-canon. This means Scar's original name is not Taka, he was not scarred by a water buffalo, and Kopa never existed in the films.

To answer your question, we know very little about Mufasa and Scar's backstory so much is left to speculation. Knowing the positive values that Mufasa has instilled in him which he passes on to Simba and how prosperous the kingdom was under his reign, I can assume Mufasa and Scar's father made the right decision. The only downside is that his father most likely taught him how dangerous the hyenas are to the kingdom, which ultimately fueled the flames for Mufasa's death. Scar's bitterness is his own problem. He could have took the resentment he had, and did something good with it.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on September 20th, 2014, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Taka1995 » September 17th, 2014, 7:37 am

Ah ok :) thank you :)
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Return to The Lion King