The Pride Lands' borders

The Pride Lands' borders

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 6:12 am

I was thinking about something: in the movie Mufasa says to Simba: "everything the light touches, is our kingdom". But the thing is that the Earth rotates on itself and around the Sun, so the Sun's light position changes through the day. So according to the movie Pride Lands' borders are not clear to me.

Do I make any sense to you? Do I think too much :lol: ?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Re: The Pride Lands' borders

Postby it means no worries » August 22nd, 2014, 6:17 am

I'ts a figure of speech, He's saying that everything that they can see it theirs
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 6:28 am

Yeah I figured it out but I still wanted your opinion.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » August 22nd, 2014, 8:59 pm

Speaking of the Pride Lands' borders, Mufasa and Simba refer to the "shadowy place" as being on their right since Simba walks to the right of the top of Pride Rock. Since they were facing the sunrise (east), that would mean that anything on the right side would be south. Later on in the movie, Scar refers to the Elephant Graveyard as being "beyond the northern border."
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby it means no worries » August 22nd, 2014, 9:19 pm

^^can't argue with dat!
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Biomac » August 23rd, 2014, 12:08 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Speaking of the Pride Lands' borders, Mufasa and Simba refer to the "shadowy place" as being on their right since Simba walks to the right of the top of Pride Rock. Since they were facing the sunrise (east), that would mean that anything on the right side would be south. Later on in the movie, Scar refers to the Elephant Graveyard as being "beyond the northern border."[/quote]
Another little detail that we LK fans love to notice 8-) .

Biomac

Postby Sigurd » December 10th, 2014, 1:13 pm

So you're saying that at night, the Pridelands doesn't exist at all?
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Return to The Lion King