Are Scar and 'selfish lion' related?

Are Scar and 'selfish lion' related?

Postby ScarLoyal » August 13th, 2014, 1:15 pm

They have such an uncanny appearance. Except Selfish has a light-brown mane and warm-caramel colors and brown eyes. And a Pride-lander nose. Could Selfish be Scar and Mufasa's grandfather as Uru's father and brother to Mohatu, which would explain why they both resemble the two lions. And the genes are apparent through the two lions.. ;)

Image Image
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Are Scar and 'selfish lion' related?

Postby Carl » August 13th, 2014, 2:18 pm

There is a common theory that the selfish lion is Mohatu's brother. The main reason he resembles Scar is because they wanted him to look like a bad guy, but it's possible there's a relation in there. It is important to remember though that Selfish and Mohatu are not canon and were not mentioned in the movies, so everything relating to them is not pertinent for film discussion. While it is fun and entertaining to speculate about the ancestry of the characters in the films, no characters not mentioned or shown in them are canon and therefore there is no "are they related" to so-and-so questions to be had--canonically, no, they don't even exist. For theories, well, you can do whatever you want in fan theories.

That said, by the book's "canon" MOHATU is Mufasa and Scar's grandfather (as Mufasa specifically refers to him as Simba's great-grandfather) and therefore, Selfish is NOT Scar and Mufasa's grandfather. Additionally, there's no suggestion in any of the books as to whether it was actually Uru who was the royal parent... if however, we follow your theory, Uru is Selfish's cub, and Selfish is their grandfather, since Mohatu we know (by the book's "canon") is their grandfather, this would mean that Ahadi would have to be Mohatu's son and that Ahadi and Uru are cousins... that's the only way for Selfish to be the other grandfather of Scar and Mufasa. But Ahadi and Uru aren't even mentioned at all in "the Brightest Star." That opens up a totally different can of worms...

(Wrong section again, doesn't relate to the movie at all).
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Are Scar and 'selfish lion' related?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 14th, 2014, 12:20 am

As Julie Skywalker pointed out each Lion King book by a different Author is technically it's own Sub-Cannon, However for the sake of my FAN THEORIES Let's just act as if all The Lion King Books are all the same Sub-Cannon.
My FAN THEORY is this: I never thought that Mohatu and the Selfish Lion were Brothers. Because when Mohatu finds out what The Selfish Lion did he says something along the lines of, "How can we conserve the water if even my own kind will not abide by the rules." Now I know that since the story is being told to Simba by Mufasa, it is entirely possible that Mufasa has no way of knowing exactly what Mohatu said, but it seems to me that if Mohatu and The Selfish Lion were Brothers it would have been too important of a plot point to not mention. What I do think is The The Selfish Lion could be Uru's father and Uru then married Mohatu's son Ahadi. In that way The Selfish Lion could be Mufasa and Scar's Grandfather.

One thing That Bothered me about The Brightest Star is that it never mentioned that Mohatu even had a Mate. Also the fact that the animals felt lost without their King and began to fight among themselves until Mohatu's Star appeared. This makes it sound to me as if Mohatu died without an Heir. Since that would be a major story problem there has to be an explanation. Another FAN THEORY I've heard is that Uru is Mohatu's daughter. If we look at it that way MY FAN THEORY Could work like this: When Mohatu died The Animals of The Pride Lands did not want to follow a Lioness Queen, which could have been a contributing factor to the kingdoms unrest until Mohatu's Star appeared. Perhaps not wanting to risk upsetting the Kingdom's peace. Uru did not assume The Throne until she found a Mate to rule at her side. The Mate she found was Ahadi, who could just as easily been The Selfish Lion's Son.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King