Do their names match their territories or even lineage?

Do their names match their territories or even lineage?

Postby ScarLoyal » July 11th, 2014, 8:34 am

Notice how the 'Pridelanders' have names that end with a? Yet some names end with 'bi', 'u', even 'o'.
Could this mean, that Sarabi, Chumvi, Sabini, Vitani.. belong to the same 'blood-line'? So wouldn't that make them of 'unroyal' blood? And Ahadi, Taka, Zira, Nuka, Mufasa, Simba, Sarafina, Nala, Malka, Kula, Mega, would be of very CLOSE relation in blood-line.
Notice the very 'distinct' features they each have.. (lines in ears, VERY small tuft of fur on the right of their jaws, uncolored paws.)
So, does that mean Mufasa's and Malka's prides are related?
And therefore, Mheetu, Kovu, Babu, Diku would be of in the same lineage. :-o
This means that Kovu could only be related to Scar if he was his grandchild, but if that's also true, Zira is the mother of Kovu and Nuka. But MAY not be the mother of Vitani. However 'Vitani' is related to 'Sarabi' in some way.
What do you think? :mhm:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Do their names match their territories or even lineage?

Postby TheLionPrince » July 12th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Absolutely not. The writers gave the characters their names so it can match their characteristics like Simba meaning "lion" in Swahili, Zira meaning "hate" because she's a character filled with hatred, and Kovu means "Scar" acting as character development so he escape the shadows of Scar's legacy. Also, half of the characters you listed are either deleted characters and book or comic strip characters that do not exist in the movies. It's still a nice theory, but you're putting way too much thought into it.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby TomCat » July 12th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Regulus » July 13th, 2014, 1:58 am

By this logic, Mufasa + Sarabi = Simbai.

Interesting theory, but completely ridiculous.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ninaroja » July 13th, 2014, 3:02 am

A lot of the characters suggested are form TLK:6NA or comics etc. These characters weren't created by the same people who made the official concrete characters, so no. As far as official TLK stuff goes, they don't count for that exact reason.

Nice theory, but no.

Also, I'll say it again, I don't think it is possible to attribute "genetics" to TLK characters, especially fur colours (which people tend to do a lot) A lot of times people are like "oh he got his dark fur colour from so and so" or "she has light coloured fur as a mixture between X and Y." By that logic, Simba should be hella darker, seeing as Sarabi has such dark fur, yet he is the same colour as Mufasa. IMO, they are just character designs, Disney weren't considering genetics when they were inventing them.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby TheLionPrince » July 13th, 2014, 3:10 am

[quote="TomCat"][quote="TheLionPrince"]Absolutely not. The writers gave the characters their names so it can match their characteristics like Simba meaning "lion" in Swahili, Zira meaning "hate" because she's a character filled with hatred, and Kovu means "Scar" acting as character development so he escape the shadows of Scar's legacy. Also, half of the characters you listed are either deleted characters and book or comic strip characters that do not exist in the movies. It's still a nice theory, but you're putting way too much thought into it.[/quote]

By the way, correct me if im wrong, i think that Mheetu, was kind of a 'unnoficial' name for Nala´s brother, given by the storyboarders, it was a joke between Me too, Mheetu... I think they were going to give him a proper swahili name if he in fact entered the story...[/quote]

I have never seen a verified source that confirms Mheetu was a working name for Nala's brother before he was deleted, but slides from the Laserdisc confirms the character's name and his role in the early story drafts:

You could be right, though, but I'll have to contact Thom Enriquez for more information.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » July 21st, 2014, 10:44 pm

Interesting thoughts...
AbbeyRoad2014

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Return to The Lion King