Can you feel the love tonight
16%
Hakuna Matata
72%

Total votes : 32

Re: Most annoying song?

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 7th, 2014, 5:39 pm

just like I say im tired of Timon and Pumbaa getting the most spotlight
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » December 7th, 2014, 5:45 pm

I like all the songs.....even morning report.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » December 7th, 2014, 10:50 pm

It's not listed in the poll, but I would vote for "The Morning Report". The song didn't add anything to the plot because it contributes nothing particular to the main conflicts of the story such as the lion-hyena conflict or Simba's desire to become king. Yes, it has witty lyrical puns, and we can thank Sir Tim Rice for that, but the song is (or was) better suited for the stage musical.*

*In 2010, nine minutes of The Lion King musical on Broadway was cut particularly "The Morning Report" number. I am not sure if this is the case worldwide or if it's been reversed since then.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » December 8th, 2014, 2:15 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]

*In 2010, nine minutes of The Lion King musical on Broadway was cut particularly "The Morning Report" number. I am not sure if this is the case worldwide or if it's been reversed since then.[/quote]

When the Broadway crew came to SF where I saw the musical, Morning Report was left in. So the change might have been temporary.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Squeely » December 28th, 2015, 3:46 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I like all the songs.....even morning report.[/quote]
Same. MR wasn't a bad song and is enjoyable. I think the reason a lot of people don't care for it is it feels very unnecessary and really isn't a great place for another song (we just had CoL and IJCWTBK is right around the corner). It works far better in the stage play. Still, it's harmless and far from bad.

Of the three in the poll, I really don't find any of them annoying. They're great; even the Timon and Pumbaa parts of CYFtLT have their charm. But I'm a musical theater type of person so it's really hard to annoy me with songs.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Rollo » October 13th, 2016, 3:55 pm

I Just Can't Wait To Be King used to be one of the weaker songs for me, actually, but I've come to really love it. Hakuna Matata is overused nowadays but the song is undeniably catchy. I agree with most people that Morning Report is the most annoying song. I can actually remember hating watching that part of the movie on the 2003 DVD release. I would totally blank out and focus on the animation instead, even as a child. It took me years to realise that you can watch the original cut of the movie on that DVD, but by that time I had purchased the 2011 release anyway :P

I was very happy to see it had been cut from the broadway musical. I think it stood out even more so then when compared to all of the other songs.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby nathalie » October 13th, 2016, 4:21 pm

It's not on there, but "the morning report" for me.
There's a reason they left it out in the first place, so no point they added it in the 2003 DVD edition :P
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » October 13th, 2016, 5:20 pm

The morning report from the musical is far worse than the movie version. Dear lord that song was awful.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Exampations » October 15th, 2016, 6:02 am

[quote="The Lionvengers"]The morning report from the musical is far worse than the movie version. Dear lord that song was awful.[/quote]

Agree with you, that song is really awful. Don't know why community member has shown it as annoying.
Exampations

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » October 15th, 2016, 8:05 am

think the morning report in the movie was worse than in the musical. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King