Kion (I LOVE this little fella)

Re: Kion (I LOVE this little fella)

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2014, 5:13 am

I freely admit that I don't really have an eye for artwork. Honestly though When I first saw Kion my original thought was: Wow! he looks so much like Simba I would have never taken notice of his Scar-Esque mane had it not been pointed out in an article.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2014, 6:32 am

I thought this was about kion
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Ninaroja » August 18th, 2014, 3:05 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I thought this was about kion[/quote]

... it is?

-------------------

I personally don't believe in "genetics" when it comes to TLK - like the common "fur colour" theories: why is Simba the same colour as Mufasa if he ought to be darker due to Sarabi's fur colour?
The way I see it, they're just character designs and you can't draw conclusions about lineage and/or relations based on ear rims or anything. Like, the way I see it if you can say Sarabi and Zira are sisters based on ear colour then we might as well say that Vitani and Kovu are definitely siblings because they both have fur tufts on their heads - it just can't work like that IMO.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 18th, 2014, 5:08 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]
I personally don't believe in "genetics" when it comes to TLK - like the common "fur colour" theories: why is Simba the same colour as Mufasa if he ought to be darker due to Sarabi's fur colour?
The way I see it, they're just character designs and you can't draw conclusions about lineage and/or relations based on ear rims or anything. Like, the way I see it if you can say Sarabi and Zira are sisters based on ear colour then we might as well say that Vitani and Kovu are definitely siblings because they both have fur tufts on their heads - it just can't work like that IMO.[/quote]
One field I study is called "molecular phylogenetics" in which we sequence the DNA sequence for a particular protein (or fixated retrovirus) and compare the DNA sequences for that protein with the most similar species/taxa, in which we then infer a "pedigree" on a large scale. Unfortunately, we can't sequence the genome of any of the TLK characters (fictional :ha: ) and thus we can never build a "tree of life" based off of their phenotypes. There is only so much you can infer about a genome simply by the phenotypes. All this said, using these inherent rules and laws of reality on an animated movie unfortunately is not plausible. The animators and writers were not thinking about the laws of inheritance, but rather the story itself. Maybe we could calculate the trajectory of an expelliarmus spell in a gravitational potential, but who said that JK Rowling was even thinking about physics when making the spell up. It seems a bit silly to apply these calculations and laws and then say things for certain. If you do it for fun, go ahead! Nothing wrong with trying to apply your love of science to your favorite move, but don't claim knowledge of something that we can't (and probably won't) ever know. (rant over :P )
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Ninaroja » August 18th, 2014, 11:30 pm

^Pretty much what I meant, but just said smarter :P (reminded my days in biology hell :ocwap: never again! :lol: )
Yeah, the creators were more concerned for the story and characters, as opposed to scientific continuity. It's just a common assumption among the fandom that "so-and-so must be son/daughter of X and Y because his fur colour is a combination of theirs." I really don't like it, personally :roll:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » August 18th, 2014, 11:38 pm

^ To those people I always point out that Scar and Mufasa were brothers, LOL.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Previous

Return to The Lion King