Denzel Washington as Simba?

Denzel Washington as Simba?

Postby Todd23 » June 26th, 2014, 2:21 am

I heard from someone that Denzel Washington was considered for the role of Adult Simba but I can't find any proof online that that's true. Anyone here know if that's true or not?

Also, not gonna lie, can't really see him in that role-actually if there's any dramatic African-american actor I can see as Simba, it would probably be Don Cheadle (though I don't think he was popular at the time)
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Denzel Washington as Simba?

Postby Ravvij » June 30th, 2014, 8:46 am

God, I hope he's not going to play a role as Simba! I like his acting and all, but I can't really see him as Simba.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 1st, 2014, 12:27 pm

No proof = people talking out of their butt.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Ravvij » July 1st, 2014, 4:29 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]No proof = people talking out of their butt.[/quote]
Yeah. I think they wouldn't have any trouble getting Mathew Broadrick to play Simba again.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby Todd23 » July 1st, 2014, 4:42 pm

[quote="Ravvij"][quote="Nicholas"]No proof = people talking out of their butt.[/quote]
Yeah. I think they wouldn't have any trouble getting Mathew Broadrick to play Simba again.[/quote]

^I never said anything about him playing Simba now, I just heard that he was considered for the role when they were making the first movie. But, seeing as I can't actually find any info that that's the case, I guess it's fair to just call it a bunch of bull!
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ravvij » July 1st, 2014, 5:09 pm

Ah, okay. I was assuming you might have meant they were thinking about making another movie (I wouldn't put it passed them to do so.).
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby EdtheHyena » July 10th, 2014, 4:41 am

Well, that would have been interesting. Personally, I found MB a tad annoying in the role, but since I've recently talked about how I felt about him being in LK, I'm not going to say anymore.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Return to The Lion King