How Would They Define "Love"?

How Would They Define "Love"?

Postby LadyAislinn » June 18th, 2014, 1:57 pm

So I was watching Orange Is The New Black and the main character went around to all the characters of the show and asked them, "What is love to you?" And I thought it was such a neat way to develop characters and for the audience to get a glimpse into how their favorite characters think. After all, that question seems simple enough but in actuality it can be intriguing, and it can really make you start thinking. Someone who has had their heart broken for example may not believe in love at all. On the other hand, a "hopeless romantic" type will believe that true love does exist and they would compare it to something wonderful.

Now, I'm NOT asking for your personal opinion. Not that I'm not interested of course but I don't want to discuss that here. What I want to know is, in your own opinion, what does love mean to a certain TLK character.
For example, one of the characters from OITNB said that love to her was, "Pain, horrible pain. That you want over and over again."

You can post about just one character or all of them, I'm just curious how everyone perceives each character's personality.

I think Kiara for instance would say something like, "Love is acceptance. It's knowing all the parts of someone and seeing them as beautiful all the same."

And Pumbaa would just be like, "Love is sharing your bugs!"
:shattered:

Anyway, it's kind of a corny topic of discussion but its something different to talk about. :shrugs:
Everything By Me
Graphics Tumblr dA Profile
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Re: How Would They Define "Love"?

Postby Regulus » June 18th, 2014, 3:14 pm

"Love is finding someone you haven't seen in years, and being happy to know that they're not actually dead, no matter now stupid they're being." --Nala
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby juhouh » June 18th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Reg posted almost the same about Nala as I was going to so I'll pass her :)

"Love is something you have to work hard for. You have to give everything for it if necessary" -Nuka
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SimbasMate » June 18th, 2014, 4:03 pm

"Love can reunite and bring you back to that one you were meant to be with."-Simba
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Regulus » June 18th, 2014, 4:12 pm

"Love is watching Simba get slaughtered." --Zira
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby LadyAislinn » June 18th, 2014, 4:41 pm

"Love is a pathetic waste of time and effort. It is just another hindrance to achieving your goals and living up to your true potential." --Scar :ugh:
Everything By Me
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasMate » June 18th, 2014, 7:26 pm

"Love is gross because you catch girl cooties."-Cub Kovu
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Haraka » June 18th, 2014, 8:15 pm

"You see simba , love is one of the most important feeling for us. Unlike the sun , once it raise , it will never set down , nor will it fade. It create a bond that will help you overcome any challenge with the chosen of your heart. You will be able to accomplish great things when the one you love stand by your side"

-Mufasa :secret:
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby LadyAislinn » June 19th, 2014, 1:39 pm

^^ that's a great one!

I'm loving everyone's quotes. :)

Cub Nala: Love? That would be sooo weird. :nuuuhhgirlfriend:
Everything By Me
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Postby Regulus » June 19th, 2014, 2:30 pm

"Love is the fifth fundamental force of physics. You see, Mufasa, gravity is a purely attractive force. It has the strongest reach but the weakest magnitude. Electromagnetism is the interaction of particles with an electric charge. The weak nuclear force acts within atom's nuclei; it's responsible for radioactive decay. The strong nuclear force holds protons and neutrons together in the nucleus. But love is stronger than all these forces—love is the force that overrides all physics. Love is what turns leaves into giant, floating gondolas." —Prof. Rafiki, ph.D.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Next

Return to The Lion King