Pain Through Out the Movie

Re: Pain Through Out the Movie

Postby SimbasGuard » September 6th, 2014, 4:29 am

[quote="KingOfPrideLands"] also, Simba was injured when he collapsed in the desert, right [/quote]

I'd say Simba collapsed in the desert due to exhaustion, I'm not sure if that could be considered an injury. :?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » September 6th, 2014, 4:47 am

[quote="KingOfPrideLands"][quote]You're wrong. She got up not long thereafter. Likely, Scar's attack knocked her down like that because she was probably weak from hunger...[/quote]

She only got up with help from the other lionesses...and she didn't look weak before to me...

...also, Simba was injured when he collapsed in the desert, right?[/quote]
Are you another troll, or are you trying to instigate something, or are you simply daft? Getting up with help is still getting up. You said she couldn't get up. That is false. And just because they helped her up doesn't mean she couldn't have gotten up on her own, it just means they cared about her and did help. After all, after getting up, she fought alongside the other lionesses and then was walking around perfectly fine...

All that aside, my point still stands that Scar hit Simba way more times than he hit her, so she could not have taken the most damage based on that one smack from him, unless Simba is Scar's very literal kryptonite and his mere presence takes away Scar's strength. So it's a moot point and there's really no reason to argue over it, one way or the other.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » September 6th, 2014, 5:34 am

Wow, people are really judgemental here.
AbbeyRoad2014

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Gemini » September 6th, 2014, 5:37 am

Welp, this escalated quickly. :/ Everyone, let's sit down for a moment and breathe, get a drink of water and whatever. Then come back and respond.

It's just a thread, guys. No need for anyone to be angry. :3
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » October 3rd, 2014, 2:28 am

Sorry if I came across as angry.
AbbeyRoad2014

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby EdtheHyena » October 12th, 2014, 3:52 am

There's a lot of pain in this movie, but a good deal of it is emotional. Shouldn't that be taken into account as well?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby it means no worries » October 23rd, 2014, 12:06 am

^good point Ed. didnt think of that :P
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Carl » October 26th, 2014, 5:41 am

I just know someone is going to attack me for posting in this section, but physical pain is the only factor that is relevant to this topic because that is what the OP said:

[quote="Perrys Girlfriend"]Who, physically gets hurt during the most through out the movie?

[...]

I'm curious about your opinion. And remember, this is physical pain we are talking about.[/quote]

Yes, emotional pain accounted for the majority of the pain in the film, and it has been discussed elsewhere and can be discussed further elsewhere.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » June 27th, 2015, 11:49 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="KingOfPrideLands"]I didn't get the impression that they were really trying to injure each other, just scare each other off. If it had been a more serious fight (to the degree that they injured or were trying to injure each other), it definitely would have been dramatized, or they would have apologized or something, or there would have at least been some scratch marks.[/quote]
Nala was hunting for food when Simba stopped her. She was trying to hurt him. And as for him... she had been trying to eat one of his best friends. To imply that neither of them was trying to hurt the other displays a lack of understanding in the way animals act when that hungry and in the way that humans and animals react to threats on the lives of their close friends and/or family. In a way, they did apologize, by ceasing to try and kill each other and having the good time that they did, even though they weren't shown to say "I'm sorry;" but it wasn't necessary they say it either in that the joy of being reunited ended their dispute and they bore no ill will upon realizing who the other was. The battle was dramatized,[/quote]

[quote="KingOfPrideLands"]I beg to differ. Sarabi was nearly knocked out and couldn't get up. I'd say she took just as much, if not more.
You're wrong. She got up not long thereafter. Likely, Scar's attack knocked her down like that because she was probably weak from hunger... which while unpleasant and difficult to deal with, is not the same as pain. I'm not saying it didn't hurt or that she wasn't in a bad way because of it... I'm just saying, Scar hit Simba a lot more times than he hit her, and Simba hit Scar a lot more than that as well. She couldn't have taken more pain from that blow than the two of them did fighting. It's impossible--unless Scar put all of his strength into that strike and didn't have any left to fight Simba with... which is obviously not true or Simba would have easily defeated Scar.

[quote="Julie Skywalker"] You're wrong. She got up not long thereafter. Likely, Scar's attack knocked her down like that because she was probably weak from hunger... which while unpleasant and difficult to deal with, is not the same as pain. I'm not saying it didn't hurt or that she wasn't in a bad way because of it... I'm just saying, Scar hit Simba a lot more times than he hit her, and Simba hit Scar a lot more than that as well. She couldn't have taken more pain from that blow than the two of them did fighting. It's impossible--unless Scar put all of his strength into that strike and didn't have any left to fight Simba with... which is obviously not true or Simba would have easily defeated Scar.[/quote]

[quote="KingOfPrideLands"]She only got up with help from the other lionesses...and she didn't look weak before to me...

...also, Simba was injured when he collapsed in the desert, right?
[quote="Julie Skywalker"] Are you another troll, or are you trying to instigate something, or are you simply daft? Getting up with help is still getting up. You said she couldn't get up. That is false. And just because they helped her up doesn't mean she couldn't have gotten up on her own, it just means they cared about her and did help. After all, after getting up, she fought alongside the other lionesses and then was walking around perfectly fine...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Not exactly on topic, but why are you so angry, Julie? You bluntly call one member wrong, then rudely call him/her wrong again, and then accuse him/her of being a troll just for making a valid observation. Are you ok?
ILoveShenziMarie

Pride Points: 2

Postby Carl » June 28th, 2015, 6:46 am

^ Well, first of all, those posts are old, I'm not angry now. Second of all, I wasn't angry then. I'm a blunt person. If people contradict logic, I will tell them so. And finally, at that time we had a troll problem. It was obvious to myself and others (not only by this thread) that the person posting those things was one and the same as a known troll. That user has since been banned for trolling. I won't discuss the details, though.

I look at things thoroughly and base my opinions on logic. Logic tells us his points were not valid because Sarabi simply wasn't shown to take as much physical damage as others. Emotional pain, sure she might be the one who had it worst. But from what we're shown, she can't be the one who experienced the most physical pain. It has nothing to do with anger, and well if it's rude to tell people when they're wrong, then I guess I'm rude.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King