Was Scar and Sarabi older at the end of TLK?

Was Scar and Sarabi older at the end of TLK?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 9th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Scar and Sarabi probably were in the same generation as Mufasa, they seemed to be the same age and even showed signs of it. Image
I noticed that apparently 'older' lions' nose-fade start to turn white and more dull. Sarabi also didn't have the same strength she used to since even Scar was able to knock her down. :-o
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Was Scar and Sarabi older at the end of TLK?

Postby Ninaroja » May 9th, 2014, 1:48 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"] even Scar was able to knock her down. :-o[/quote]

Let's see if you're able to stand up after being smacked across the face by a fully grown male lion... :P

Well, they were older, since Simba was an adult. This wouldn't be the first Disney film to animate characters the same even after many years had passed
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 31st, 2014, 7:31 pm

Though Scar and Sarabi age, I'm confused about characters such as Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa, and Zazu. They don't seem to age.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 5:46 am

Nor the hyenas...
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Postby Ninaroja » June 4th, 2014, 12:05 pm

In many Disney movies where the main character grows up during the duration of the film, the characters that were adults when they were young don't visibly age a lot of the time. Examples:

Tarzan - After Tarzan, Terk and Tantor have become adults, Kala, Kerchak and the other gorillas haven't visibly aged.

Sleeping Beauty - Aurora and Phillip age, but their parents and the fairies remain the same

The Little Mermaid 2 ( :yuck: ) - Melody grows up yet 12 years later Ariel, Eric, Sebastian and Triton are all still the same (though flounder did get older)

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Frollo's appearance never changes during the twenty years Quasi lives in the Bell Tower

Treasure Planet - Sarah Hawkins looks the same before and after Jim is older

Bambi - The Great Prince of the Forest always has the same appearance.

The same goes for TLK - obviously the characters have gotten older (Since Simba is very definitely an adult now) but they just haven't changed in appearance to have visibly aged. I personally would have found it very distracting if they had had grey hairs or saggy skin or whatnot.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Return to The Lion King