Soundtrack to be rereleased with 30 minutes of unheard score

Re: Soundtrack to be rereleased with 30 minutes of unheard s

Postby ASHLEY12354 » July 3rd, 2014, 1:57 am

thanks for those pride points 8-)
ASHLEY12354

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ASHMAN
Pride Points: 5

Postby Captain Cupcake » July 3rd, 2014, 2:01 am

Other than Pumbaa's lingering snort at the beginning of Remember Who You Are due to the fade in from the previous track, I do have two other teeny, itty bitty nitpicks. In the same track, I really miss the clarity of that woodwind(I think?) variant of Simba's ascension theme at the 2:31 mark. It's still more or less there, but it's been rendered a lot more understated. The other nitpick is the choral work at the beginning of We Are All Connected. It seems a bit more drowned out than in previous releases and the recording sessions, which is an odd choice seeing as the choir is often brought forward and sounds much more clear in everything else in this release(other than maybe at the end of Remember as well).

Speaking of the latter cue, is it just me or is the presentation of the aforementioned choral work in the demo version of the track actually the closest to what we heard in the film? Either that or I'm going crazy.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 3rd, 2014, 6:40 am

[quote="DGFone"][quote="TheWhistlerify"]Shouldn't you be working? <_>[/quote]

I AM working. :x

And listening to this awesome CD! :D[/quote]

Well if you find the time to annoy me while you're working I'm sure you can also work on our RP in intervals. :P
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Katelyn23 » July 7th, 2014, 3:32 am

I just ordered the Legacy Collection from Amazon on Friday and am anxiously waiting for it to come in the mail. I have heard wonderful things about it so I am really excited to hear it.

EDIT: Wow.. I am absolutely speechless after listening to this magnificent soundtrack. To me personally, it felt like I was experiencing TLK's unforgettable score for the first time. (The same feeling I recieved when I saw TLK in 3D back in 2011.) The music matches the film so undeniably well you can just imagine yourself watching TLK as you're listening. Each and every one of the scores feels brand new to me, and the vocal work is absolutely stunning. I am ecstatic that Disney finally decided to release the entire score, and since I don't have any complaints I must say it was worth the wait.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 15th, 2014, 5:52 am

This is just amazing in every way.

Every fan of Hans Zimmer and of the TLK soundtrack in particular needs this.
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby HasiraKali » July 16th, 2014, 1:38 am

I love it too. For me, it's like watching TLK without the talking. :lol:
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Haraka » July 16th, 2014, 2:01 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]I love it too. For me, it's like watching TLK without the talking. :lol:[/quote]

That's exactly how i felt. It was a rediscovery , but in the same time i associated the score with their scenes and their speeches

i got to say i was stunned by the quality , anyone who did not listen is missing out ;)
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby DGFone » July 21st, 2014, 7:52 am

If there is any bad news about this release, it will have to be Disney's money-grubbing tendencies to always hurt the consumer for the sake of a little bit more money. Considering all the trouble this CD is giving me, I almost with I would just pirate it instead (and considering I bought it, I can escape the ethical issues of that), just so that I won't have to risk my computer by sticking the darned thing in my disk drive!

Seriously, Disney: this little stunt of yours is seriously making me doubt of buying anything from you in the future. If you have something which I like, I will buy it, but not if it means risking my computer because your DRM will mess with my open source OS (which can't license the DRM software due to being open source). I thought having to power down the computer just so that I can eject the CD is bad enough. But to have the OS not boot up properly after that because of an audio CD?

Not cool, Disney. Not cool at all. :x
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Captain Cupcake » July 23rd, 2014, 11:47 pm

[quote="Haraka"]i got to say i was stunned by the quality , anyone who did not listen is missing out ;)[/quote]

I think that's one of the most satisfying things about this release. It went without saying that the quality would obviously be a bit better than what was found in the old album and recording sessions, but to find that everything had been remastered with a new mix, bringing previously unclear(or just flat out unheard) instrumentation and choral work more forward was a nice surprise. It obviously dwarfs the original official album release containing those few suites, but it also ultimately serves as a nice companion to the recording sessions given just how different and lush the new mix actually is(not to mention We Are All Connected being presented in its final arrangement with the Busa theme as heard in the movie). It's always neat to compare Jay Rifkin's mix of Zimmer's score to the new one by Alan Meyerson and hear the subtle and not so subtle differences.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TomCat » July 24th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King