Why is Scar so loved?

Re: Why is Scar so loved?

Postby juhouh » April 18th, 2014, 6:50 pm

[quote="Timon the Sly"]Yet some people seemed to be against me being defensive of the hyenas.[/quote]

No. People didn't dislike you for liking the hyenas. It was because you didn't accept other peoples' opinions if they happened to disagree with you and then you was rude to them because of it. You'll find the reason for all of it by looking at your message history and pride points. People have given a clear reasons why did they lower your pride points and I agree with all of them
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby outsider500 » August 27th, 2014, 6:26 am

Because in "my opinion" of all the characters in the TLK universe, Scar has had it pretty bad during the course of his childhood. living in the shadow of his brother Mufasa, only being shown affection by his mother and Sarafina, almost killed by waterbuffalo or his father Ahadi, give or take. and finally being denied the his equal share and/or chance of being king. :( and when you look at it more closely, all Scar really wanted was love, affection, attention, and to feel important just like his brother. so if you ask me is Scar truly evil? No, i honestly believe that deep down Scar never wanted to be evil to begin with. but thanks to the certain events that took place during his life Scar was morphed into what we see him as in The Lion King. but i truly believe that none of the stuff that occurred in TLK 1 would have never happened, if Scar was given the same love and attention that they gave his brother, and that is why i love Scar so much, besides the obvious reasons :)
TH.
outsider500

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby ScarsLove » August 31st, 2014, 4:52 am

Cause Scar is Scar and that's just how it is. :adored:

I could go on a tirade about how much I love Scar but frankly, I'm to tired to at the moment.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Elton John » November 1st, 2014, 1:32 am

why do people love The Joker?

Why do people love Gaston?

Why do people love Darth Vader?

People love well written. well acted, villains even if they are completely evil.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby EdtheHyena » November 4th, 2014, 2:42 am

I love Shenzi, Ed and Banzai, even if they're evil. Do I have to have a reason?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby FlipMode » November 4th, 2014, 2:53 am

Because he's a great villain.
He killed his family... That's messed up. And yet its that level of evil that makes me love him. All that just to be king.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby PrincessKiara » November 18th, 2014, 2:40 pm

I think Scar is a loved and popular character because he is a dark and complex villain. Disney has created many villains over the decades, but only a handful are truly memorable, and Scar is right there at the top, for me at least.
I can`t say I have much pity for him, if we are to go only by what the movie tells us, but I do like him because he is so dark, evil and intelligent. He`s open about his motifs and he gets the job done for the most part. I would never defend any of his actions, but he is a truly great character that you may hate to love, or love to hate.. it depends. ;)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Lauren » January 30th, 2015, 5:44 am

Scar is one of my all time favorite Disney villains due to how fantastically written he is as well as how much emphasis is placed upon his egotistical personality. He does things that make a villain stand out and he doesn't take anything from anyone that seems nonsense to him. He will go to his lowest point in order to get what he wants no matter how much pain is placed upon someone else. Also, he was the first Disney villain to commit murder on a main character on screen, which wasn't done before TLK.

I don't feel sympathy for him, but I enjoy watching him because he's very entertaining while being intimidating at the same time (i.e. Be Prepared).

The fact that he traumatized Simba psychologically even after his death makes Scar a much more sinister villain since that is hardcore emotional pain. He scarred his life and caused him to suffer through his PTSD in the second movie to the point of even haunting him in his nightmare.
Lauren

Previous

Return to The Lion King