Did Nala lack faith in Simba?

Re: Did Nala lack faith in Simba?

Postby Lauren » August 24th, 2014, 2:22 am

I don't think she lacked her faith into Simba. After the tragic news of Mufasa's death and supposedly Simba's "death", she had to live with that semi-true statement for years going up and not having her best friend around her. By the time she found him, she was only confused because him being infront of her eyes and not a hallucination was so sudden at the moment.

When it came to their argument in the jungle, she was lost at why Simba wouldn't make at least one attempt at reclaiming his throne and overthrowing Scar. She obviously didn't know that Simba was currently struggling with guilt that was placed on him for years and she was upset but angry at the same time.

I always viewed Nala as a character who would have faith in anyone as long as they were good in the heart and understanding. She had no idea what to do after they argued and needed help.

As for SP, Nala is supposed to represent a character who was the polar opposite to Simba since she is being herself, having thoughts and making decisions as a queen, opposed to Simba where he was a king who was trying too hard to represent the predecessor, which was his father. He needed to learn how to be only himself. Allowing Kovu to stay in the Pridelands for a while gave us a good conversation between the two opposites and view how she is trying to convince Simba into giving Kovu a chance to prove himself. It's not her lacking faith in Simba. It's her supporting her husband.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby it means no worries » August 24th, 2014, 2:29 am

[quote="The Spirit of Life"] I can't help but get this weird feeling that Nala (much as I love her) has a certain lack of faith in Simba, and here's why:

In TLK, Nala believed Scar over Simba about who was responsible for Musfasa's death. It seemed like until Scar finally admitted that he was the one who killed Mufasa, Nala was content to leave Simba to his fate.[/quote]

To be fair to her, she was told SImba was dead, Simba wasn't there and there was nothing to disprove Scar's version of events. for example:

If a person of authority (maybe a police officer) came and told you a relative was dead, because you were told this by a person of authority and the relative isn't there you would presume that the policeman was telling the truth.
The same can be applied for Scar and Nala, Scar is a lion of authority and he tells Nala that Simba is dead, what evidence does Nala have to think that Simba is alive?
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 6:20 pm

I think not. Who knows how much Scar and hyenas had told of the tragedy of Mufasa and Simba and once it is said long enought pretty much anyone starts to believe in such things. But i think she did have much faith in him and knew he'd follow her atleast back if she'd leave.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to The Lion King