some characters not liked by kids like older viewers do??

Re: some characters not liked by kids like older viewers do?

Postby juhouh » April 21st, 2014, 9:03 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]I just don't understand why some people seem to prefer Nala to Shenzi. That's like saying you prefer Britney Spears to Lady Gaga. They just don't compare, in my opinion.[/quote]
They don't but all the people have their unique preferences and reasons to like something. Some people like cats, some dogs. Some big dogs and others small dogs. I like Nala and you prefer Shenzi

I would ask likewise why would anyone prefer Shenzi to Nala? ;)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby EdtheHyena » April 21st, 2014, 9:30 pm

I find Nala to be rather plain and annoying, but Shenzi...

...*sigh*. She is beautiful, mysterious, sassy, hilarious, dark, and...seriously, she is an awesome character. I know it's, to paraphrase Shenzi herself, "wrong on so many levels" to have a crush on a fictional animal cartoon character, but Shenzi completely disarms me. Also, until I saw her, I didn't really care for Whoopi Goldberg. I can't say that anymore.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 13th, 2014, 4:15 pm

I'm going to use the example of Zazu for now. Most people I know online, used to hate him as a kid, but as an adult they come to like him more. i was fortunate to love Zazu from the start.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Most people hated Zazu as a kid?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 4th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Yeah, and most of my kid students absolutely hate him. That's why I'm an outcast.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby it means no worries » August 10th, 2014, 6:39 am

Last edited by it means no worries on March 19th, 2019, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 10:16 am

[quote="juhouh"][quote="EdtheHyena"]I just don't understand why some people seem to prefer Nala to Shenzi. That's like saying you prefer Britney Spears to Lady Gaga. They just don't compare, in my opinion.[/quote]
They don't but all the people have their unique preferences and reasons to like something. Some people like cats, some dogs. Some big dogs and others small dogs. I like Nala and you prefer Shenzi

I would ask likewise why would anyone prefer Shenzi to Nala? ;)[/quote]

Let's just respect our opinions, ok?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie

Postby Remorazz » January 1st, 2015, 11:46 am

It's understandable children don't like some characters, especially villains like Scar, because they see them as a flat, black-and-white evil characters. Older audiences can better appreciate the depth in Scar's dynamic personality, and, with knowledge of his backstory, can understand he could be just as much a victim as any of the "good characters".
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo

Postby Elton John » January 1st, 2015, 7:33 pm

I didn't care for zazu much as a kid.

but getting older I find a lot of nuance in rowen atkinsons performance, and like how he is kind of a snoot but ultimately does care deeply for the royal family.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » February 2nd, 2015, 3:46 am

[quote="juhouh"][quote="EdtheHyena"]I just don't understand why some people seem to prefer Nala to Shenzi. That's like saying you prefer Britney Spears to Lady Gaga. They just don't compare, in my opinion.[/quote]

I would ask likewise why would anyone prefer Shenzi to Nala? ;)[/quote]

Why would someone prefer wearing jeans to wearing pants? Why would someone prefer driving a truck to driving a car? Why would someone prefer being quiet to be energetic? Because we all have different opinions. If we all loved the same thing, this world would be so bland.

The title of this thread alone doesn't need a question mark. Of course some character's won't be enjoyed by the same demographic. Some characters will and won't be liked in the same demographic. It's all a part of the blended chemistry that's life. ;)

But to answer the question itself, it's probably because Shenzi is a bit more elaborated and unique, whereas Nala feels rather generic.
AbbeyRoad2014

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King