some characters not liked by kids like older viewers do??

some characters not liked by kids like older viewers do??

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:29 pm

huh?
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: some characters not liked by kids like older viewers do?

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Some kids like every character. It's all up to an individual person's perspective.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Oh ok.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Meskhenet » January 15th, 2014, 3:41 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]huh?[/quote]
I don't want to come across as being rude, but you should try to be a little more descriptive when your are creating topics. Just so a potential poster can give a type of answer you are looking for. :hey8: ;)

It depends on what the kids see in the character, but that doesn't necessary mean that they will always like the character. (For example, when I was younger Simba was my favorite character, but as I got older Nala slowly became my favorite.) It usually depends on how the individual feels about the character, whether or not they can relate to the character or whether or not the character brings out the person's side that they have difficulty showing or a side that they never knew they had. :happy2:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby InsaneSeagull » January 15th, 2014, 4:32 pm

It's normal actually, since kids have different perception than adults, and see the whole story on different level. For example, I always hated evil characters before, and now... well, judge from Scar being my favorite TLK character. Simply, I grew to see their values, and deepness of their characters. Same is with some other characters I grew to love later on (for example, Vitani).

But again, it's all subjective, and that's it. Simply, some people like some characters but hate the others. It might change with time, or it might not.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » January 31st, 2014, 2:10 pm

Maybe Scar, the hyenas and Zira. Kids don't usually like the villains,especially at the age where they think the movies are real and actually happened. Personally Zira is my favorite Disney villain.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby juhouh » January 31st, 2014, 3:00 pm

^ I guess only children under 2 years old see them "real", and villains are usually liked by kids age of 5-8 because they're cool. Adult viewers see something special in their favorite characters
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Arbystrider » February 3rd, 2014, 12:13 am

[quote="juhouh"]^ I guess only children under 2 years old see them "real"[/quote]
>not believing
Heretic.

[quote="Zulema"][quote="Simba the Lion King"]huh?[/quote]
I don't want to come across as being rude, but you should try to be a little more descriptive when your are creating topics. Just so a potential poster can give a type of answer you are looking for. :hey8: ;)[/quote]
Yes, it would help a lot if you would be more specific. For instance, you could include the characters that some of these 'kids' tend to hate on. I don't know any particular character that kids would despise (other than maybe Scar because he's an ebil genius), so if you would specify who these characters are, maybe we can help justify why kids dislike them.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Carl » February 3rd, 2014, 1:37 am

[quote="Arbystrider"]Yes, it would help a lot if you would be more specific. For instance, you could include the characters that some of these 'kids' tend to hate on. I don't know any particular character that kids would despise (other than maybe Scar because he's an ebil genius), so if you would specify who these characters are, maybe we can help justify why kids dislike them.[/quote]
I can answer that. The OP was talking about the hyenas. He originally had posted something along the lines of "someone told me that all kids don't like some characters" which he posted because I mentioned in another thread that most children prefer Timon and Pumbaa's humor to that of the hyenas. After he frustrated many members, he edited most of his posts to remove the content.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby EdtheHyena » April 21st, 2014, 8:59 pm

I just don't understand why some people seem to prefer Nala to Shenzi. That's like saying you prefer Britney Spears to Lady Gaga. They just don't compare, in my opinion.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Lion King