Did Zazu participate in the battle??

Re: Did Zazu participate in the battle??

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 5th, 2013, 7:46 pm

I'm sorry I said harsh things about him. I really do like him, but they portray him as cowardly too much, and rarely in a positive light.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » November 5th, 2013, 8:49 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]I can! The bloke is a complete coward!![/quote]

Because he wanted to go for help in other situations? No, he just knows his own limits. How can a hornbill help save a lion from a stampede? How can a hornbill stand up to an angry lion on his own? How can a hornbill fight off three hyenas? He can't. He'll die. If he wants to actually help in those cases, then he has to get someone bigger to do it. There's not much he can do on his own.

[quote]And since they've never shown it in either movie, I think that's proof enough to say he didn't.[/quote]

It isn't visually shown, but it is audibly shown, as we have already pointed out.
[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="TheLionPrince"]There is a line in Brian Tiemann's version of the script in which Zazu says, "Take that, you stupid..." [/quote]

That line actually is in the film. I was just watching my DVD of the Diamond Edition last night, and it is there.[/quote]

Showing it visually would be unnecessary, because, as I already pointed out, it would become redundant.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]img.jpg

This is the last we saw of the character in the battle...looking really stupid and goofy.

Really, Tiimon and Pumbaa were more serious. I think that pretty much says it all.[/quote]

So looking goofy says that someone couldn't have been involved in the battle? Zazu's life was just as much dependent on Simba's victory as anyone else's. With the help of two other creatures, one of them being a warthog and therefore bigger and more dangerous, Zazu has the ability to take on the three hyenas. Not to mention, he also has access here to rocks and things that he could have used to "bomb" the hyenas. In the chaos, most of the hyenas are going to focus on the lionesses and Pumbaa and Rafikiㅡ the more obvious threats. This makes it easier for Zazu and Timon to participate in the battle.

Also, Timon and Pumbaa aren't shown in battle after that image you posted either. Timon wasn't shown doing any fighting. If you think having not been shown fighting and being "cowardly" are reasons to assume one didn't fight, then it's ridiculous to assume that Timon fought and Zazu didn't. Yes, Timon and Pumbaa are shown doing more fighting in 1.5, but as I already said that film was to give us their side of things, and their side of the battle would show them and not Zazu because why would Zazu have remained wherever they were, and if he wasn't around them, why would he be important to that film? TLK 1.5 shows almost only Timon and Pumbaa because that is what it was supposed to do. Can we prove that Zazu definitely participated beyond the one scene? No, but that one alone answers the question of "did he participate?" with a definite "yes." There is not more evidence suggesting that he didn't continue to fight than there is to suggest that he did.

The thing is, Zazu pretty much had to help in some way. He could have participated by doing something as simple as warning lionesses or Simba of an incoming attacker. In reality, they had no choice but to fight if they wanted to help Simba's unlikely rebellion. They all wanted Simba to win and they all had ways they could battle. It doesn't have to be shown on screen to have happened. There were no scenes of Nala growing up, so, by the logic of "it wasn't shown, so it didn't happen" that means she is still a cub at the end... which we all know to be false.

Just because something isn't shown does not mean it didn't happen.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 5th, 2013, 11:06 pm

OK. Um, yeah, ok. I doubt we'll ever get Zazu's side of the story.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby MrTitans » November 6th, 2013, 2:30 pm

No he was stuck in a rib cage and is a coward and wouldn't have fought

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby TheLionPrince » November 6th, 2013, 8:35 pm

[quote="MrTitans"]No he was stuck in a rib cage and is a coward and wouldn't have fought[/quote]

LOL, but Pumbaa broke his rib cage, and he clearly had to do fighting in the den although we didn't see it. If he is a coward, he would have flown out of the den the moment the camera cuts to Ed.

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="TheLionPrince"]There is a line in Brian Tiemann's version of the script in which Zazu says, "Take that, you stupid..." [/quote]

That line actually is in the film. I was just watching my DVD of the Diamond Edition last night, and it is there.[/quote]

Yeah, I know the line can be heard in the movie, which only proves my point that Zazu did spar with the hyenas inside the den.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » November 6th, 2013, 9:28 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]

Yeah, I know the line can be heard in the movie, which only proves my point that Zazu did spar with the hyenas inside the den.[/quote]

I always knew it was there, but I always thought that it was Timon who delivered those lines! :lol:

It will still makes sense if Zazu said them instead. If anything, Zazu has more of a reason to go against the hyenas, in his own form of revenge for being locked up and all, while all Timon really has going for him is to be with Pumbaa and staying alive.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » April 26th, 2014, 7:20 pm

It's true Zazu is a bird and he couldn't do much, but I'm sure he did the best that he could do, like peck the hyena's brains or something like that. :lol:
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby NeverLander22 » April 27th, 2014, 9:04 pm

I think he tried his hardest and that-in turn- probably helped out a little bit! :D
NeverLander22
Live today as it's your last

Happy to write!

Nickname(s): Ki, NeverLander
Pride Points: 0

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » July 10th, 2015, 11:06 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]There is a line in Brian Tiemann's version of the script [/quote]

Is a fanmade transcript something we should actually go by? What makes it so "official", is what I guess I'm asking.
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Carl » July 10th, 2015, 6:06 pm

^ Well, the line he mentioned is actually in the movie. So you don't have to "go by" the script for this point to be valid, all you have to do is watch the movie. If it were suggested to simply take the script at its word... well that would be silly, but anyone can go find the scene they're looking for to confirm or deny its accuracy. He probably linked the script because a lot of people are too lazy to watch through the film or go search for the scene on YouTube, if I had to guess. That's part of why I confirmed earlier on that it is in the film, although I guess I'm not necessarily more believable than the script is. :hmm:
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King