Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 25th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Was it ever confirmed that Shenzi banzai and ed survived the fire at the end anywhere?? If they didn't that would be so awful I'd cry my guts out on watching the scene again...they don't deserve THAT!!!

Plus, they appear in the TV series...so it SHOULD be confirmed somwhere...
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Has it been confirmed that the hyenas survived?

Postby juhouh » October 26th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Yes they did

2nd movie should had included the hyenas but they were said to leave Pridelands instead by producers after all. They did never find a good role for them
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby TheLionPrince » October 27th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I don't think the creators confirmed that the hyenas died. However, I'm pretty sure the hyenas that killed Scar survive. Look at the screenshot:

The fires were behind them, and there was a sufficient amount of fire-less area in which the hyenas had to consume Scar. Not to mention, it shortly began raining after that. So, I agree that they survived.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 30th, 2013, 3:30 am

I'm glad they DID survive. But they need to be shown in a movie again.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » October 30th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Nuka does say in TLK2 that they "ran off" and we do see them running off of pride rock during the battle.

But those are the miscellaneous hyenas. I have no idea whether Shenzi, Banzai and Ed survived. The whole of Pride Rock is shown to be consumed by flames but it does start raining straight again after, so, who knows? Maybe they did away with Scar and then left, seeing as there was no way Simba was ever going to let them stay.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 2nd, 2013, 8:52 pm

They appeared in the series which is set afterwards...
Animal of the Wild

Postby OneFamilyScar » November 6th, 2013, 4:37 am

Er, am I allowed to randomly pop in like this?

If so....

While appearing in the TV series would be a valid point, the TV show lacked certain aspects of being canon. Scar was shown in it more than once, and the TV show took place after his death. Therefore, any evidence derived from that can not be very well trusted. I assume they survived, seeing as eating Scar and then proceeding to be burnt in the flames does not sound likely.

To answer your question, no, it has never been confirmed. Though, neither have many other things in TLK honestly.
OneFamilyScar

Nickname(s): OFS, FS, Red-Chan
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 11th, 2013, 5:39 am

Noooooo!! Noooooo!!!! There has to be some confirmation SOMEWHERE that they survived!!!!!!

If not...THEY NEED ANOTHER MOVIE!!!

And if they're not getting one...the T&P series HAS to be considered canon!!! It's our only hope they survived!!!!! :(
Animal of the Wild

Postby KingCub » November 11th, 2013, 6:13 am

Currently, nothing saying that they survived. I honestly don't think that the main three survived, just how the situation was looking.

What is Canon and what is not Canon is totally up to you when it comes to the show. There are no rules that say what is and what is not. I honestly don't consider it Canon, as I think it was just a funny spin off that had nothing to do with the movie.

And sorry to say, but I highly doubt that there will be a new movie, and that it would feature the hyena's. They where just backup characters, or henchmen to the main part, Scar.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 11th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Since they were in the show though, they HAD TO HAVE SURVIVED!!! :(

That would be TERRIBLE if they had died. They did NOT deserve that.

WHY couldn't there have been a post credits scene, or a scene in LK 1.5, showing they survived?? :(
Animal of the Wild

Next

Return to The Lion King